Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only ever owned turbo diesels so im new to n/a cars i have a 16 rt and have a cai and exhaust im planing on doing a tune and catless long tube headers what else can i do for power besides cams. I heard tb are poiness unless youre making big power and was thinking about doing the 6.4 manifold swap but heard it needs machining and rerouting for the catch can.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
The tune (required for long tube headers) will require a unlocked PCM. In the 2015+ Chargers, the factory PCM is software locked/encrypted and can not be reflashed by the aftermarket tuners (e.g. DiabloSport). You will need a custom tune for the long tube headers. Even without the headers, a custom tune will perform better than the canned tunes that come preinstalled in the tuner. You can get a email custom tune if you don't have a local dyno/tuning shop.

https://www.hemifevertuning.com/Default.asp

https://www.diablosport.com/

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes was planing on doing pcm swap do you know about pricing for custom tunes diablosport cant say because it varies

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Reactions: Gomango16

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
392 manifold is a bolt on for your car, in fact if I remember correctly it's possible add the factory SRV harness and have it enabled in the PCM.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
392 manifold is a bolt on for your car, in fact if I remember correctly it's possible add the factory SRV harness and have it enabled in the PCM.
What other parts do i need to do this swap or can i just put the oem parts on the new manifold and how is it with the catch can i heard it needs to be re-routed

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
how is it with the catch can i heard it needs to be re-routed
The PCV valve location is the same on the 5.7L and 392 air intake manifolds (rear of the manifold). It's the location of the PCV hose connection to the manifold that's different. The 5.7L hose connection is on the side of the air intake manifold and the 392 hose connection is on the top-front (near the throttle body).

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
What other parts do i need to do this swap or can i just put the oem parts on the new manifold and how is it with the catch can i heard it needs to be re-routed
Need manifold and air intake hose. If you're willing or able to find someone to flash your PCM you should be able to run a harness from the PCM and have it work like factory. Otherwise, you'll need a fused power tap, RPM switch and the pigtain to run to the servo. Swap your injectors (and fuel rails if it's a bare manifold) and TB on and install. Several good write-ups floating around, unfortunately alot of the pics have expired.

The PCV valve location is the same on the 5.7L and 392 air intake manifolds (rear of the manifold). It's the location of the PCV hose connection to the manifold that's different. The 5.7L hose connection is on the side of the air intake manifold and the 392 hose connection is on the top-front (near the throttle body).
Like so:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts