Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grabbing these in 20x9.5 and 20x10.5 here shortly and I need a good set of all seasons since we do road trips in all sorts locations, surfaces and weather. Going with 275/40/20 in the front and 315/35/20 in the back. Need something that balancing all weather/surface traction and good tread wear.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Conti extremes... That will be my choice when the time comes and my requirements are similar to yours in regard to wants and wishes...

·
Registered
494 Posts
What location/driving conditions will you be doing, along with what car? I doubt that you'll find what you want since there is no middle ground tire. Secondly, that rear tire limits you to 2 only; Conti or Michelin.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Conti extremes... That will be my choice when the time comes and my requirements are similar to yours in regard to wants and wishes...
Do you have good experience with these in not only inclement weather but various surfaces like; dirt, grass and gravel? How’s the tread wear? I don’t do burnouts or drive like my hair is in fire most of the time and so I’d like to get some good mileage out of them

What location/driving conditions will you be doing, along with what car? I doubt that you'll find what you want since there is no middle ground tire. Secondly, that rear tire limits you to 2 only; Conti or Michelin.
We do a lot of traveling, especially in rural areas not to mention we are moving to Idaho in a couple years. And as such we drive on all sorts of surfaces in all sorts of conditions (*see above post). :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
I meant like very cold/snowy? Will this be your daily driver no matter what? Will you HAVE to go to work before the plows every day early? An extremely wide tire is good for one thing; traction on dry roads. Driving for UBER, I found that the thinner the better for extremely snowy conditions. Understand that with a very wide rear tire, your traction will be minimal in any snow.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I meant like very cold/snowy? Will this be your daily driver no matter what? Will you HAVE to go to work before the plows every day early? An extremely wide tire is good for one thing; traction on dry roads. Driving for UBER, I found that the thinner the better for extremely snowy conditions. Understand that with a very wide rear tire, your traction will be minimal in any snow.
I work from home so I luckily don’t need a “daily driver”. If I did we have an ‘08 Lexus GX470 plenty capable enough for anything you can throw at it. It has a brilliant 4x4 system.

As for snow I’ll be buying a set of Pursuit steelies with snow/winter tires for winter driving when we move to Idaho. So these tires I get for the wider wheels are mostly for everything but a ton of snow. It’ll mostly see highway and dirt road duty.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The Conti extreme contacts are a new tire, it's available in two flavors. The dws06 or the sport version. DWS= dry, wet, snow. It's an all season, and the sport is a summer. Tread wear is 560 AND 540 respectively and as far as grass or dirt goes I'd try an keep on the pavement as with any road tire they won't do well in either dirt or grass.... As far as Wich it's up to you, sports will be my choice but it's typically warm in my areas, 👍...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I think I’ve settled on the DWS06 all seasons. :D

Once I get a little more done to my Charger project I’ll post pics.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
And here they are.

As you can see the rears are MUCH wider! Ignore the fat finger in the shot... I suck at pictures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts