Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bishopsrt8 has asked to see what the inside of the stock Muffler and Resonators look like, so I figured I would post it here incase anyone else wanted a look

This is a pic of the suitcase muffler

2nd Pic of the inside of the Muffler

Pic of the resonator

Pic of inside the resonator

Close up pic of the inside of the resonator

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hey Dan whats the sound like i know it must sound good. i was thinkning of maybe going flowmaster mufflers first then if i am not happy withthe sound then maybe adding and after market resonator or maybe even some straight pipe. A local shop here agreed withyou on your way vs the catback exhasut he said it would not be much to gain in the a cat back vs your way besides some weight savings. He said that maybe i would want to just try the mufflers first them maybe the after market resonator or maybe even some straight pipe instead of resonators.

tell me what does your ride sound like on the inside is it really loud???

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a link to what my exhaust sounds like

http://www.chargerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=26674

It is noticable in the car and could be at the point some won't like how loud it is in the car(I like that noise, makes it feel like a hotrod, never seems to both me). I can tell you if you want some sound but nothing too loud in the car, replace the suitcase muffler, and leave the stock resonators on. Drive around with it like that for a while and you can always add some aftermarket resos to it. It will make the car louder but you will have a good idea. Better yet, after installing the flowmasters, before they reconnect the piping leading to the resonators, have them crank it up. That will give you a better Idea of the sound with Aftermarket resos on it. My aftermarket resonators probably made the car 15% more quiet with the flowmasters vs the stock resonators 50%. There is a big difference in noise level between stock resos and aftermarkets.

I hope all this helps!

Thanks
Dan

Keep the questions coming if you have them, Im more then happy to help!:TU:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts