Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thing im going to plastidip my front grille, i really am not likeing the chrome:/
does anyone know how to do this without getting any texture at all? i plastidiped a quad before and it was all bumpy and shit

any tips?

·
Registered
275 Posts
i thing im going to plastidip my front grille, i really am not likeing the chrome:/
does anyone know how to do this without getting any texture at all? i plastidiped a quad before and it was all bumpy and shit

any tips?
Spray several light coats and let it dry. Don't spray all at once.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
and make sure you shake the can first really well and every 15 seconds to keep the consistency right!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Yea shake the can for at least two to three minutes and then spray in the air so that the dip itself comes out. Then go at it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Also, dont forget to mask off the honeycomb as well, wouldnt want to plasti-dip your radiator...

·
Registered
766 Posts
Yea, like everyone else has already said, make sure you prep well(painters tape inside the honey comb, newspaper on the car), treat it just like spray paint. Shake well for like 2 mins, then apply a light first coat, let it dry, and then light coats after that. Plasti dip something else first, to find that sweet spot. If you hold it to close, it'll run, and if you hold it too far, it'll look textured. You want it at about 6 inches away, start spraying of the car and sweep across in a smooth motion. Also, you might want to look into getting an ez spray handle from Home Depot or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts