Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dodge charger team! Hope you all are doing well, thanks for having me here, straight to the topic, I'm interested in owning a 2007 dodge charger R/T, This car has a SALVAGE TITLE! here in my location, before ending the deal, I really want to make sure that I'm getting a good reliable car for what I pay, I want to know that what I should be looking for when purchasing this dodge charger, anything to take into consideration, what to look for or any suggestion you guys have, please share it with me,

They are asking for the price of $7,500 and it has 165000 Miles with a Salvage Title. Is it worth it or not?
If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks
Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Grille

Car Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate Plant

Car Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Sometimes with a salvage deal can get you a great car if you are planning on keeping it for a long time. Sometimes it can turn to crap in a few months. Looks good from the Pics but I would take it to a reliable mechanic to get it checked out. You did not mention why it has a salvage title. Important stuff. Was it totaled, front end, rear end, side? Water damaged? Price seems high for a salvage title no matter what work was done.

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
199 Posts
Need to know why it's got a salvage title. Also i see there's damage to the bottom of the drivers door and rocker. The market is still screwy but I agree with tacamo the price seems high but maybe not being a Daytona?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Last input I forgot about (If the OP returns) is collision. It is not uncommon for a mechanic to say the car is mechanically sound and then find out later that there was frame damage. Assuming the car was in an accident and totaled.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Seems WAY overpriced. As ktlevy points out, high, even for one in "good" condition. If it was a flood vehicle, you can expect to see all kinds of electrical gremlins with corroded connections. Ones not in a flood have enough issues. If you do decide to offer them something way less, like $4K - $5K, be sure to have a good mechanic check it out, paying close attention to WHY it was a salvage (collision, flood, etc.).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Paint can hide a multitude of sins. Salvage title can mean a lot of things and varies depending on the insurance company that paid off on it. It should have a "rebuilt" title in order to be registered and driven. If its still "salvage", you will have to get it inspected yourself before getting it changed to "rebuilt" so it can be driven. If this is the case, I'd walk away at any price. There are a lot of scammers out there that will "clone" a high end version of the car. They'll buy/steal emblems from a wrecked car and put them on a generic version.
I would verify the VIN on the dash matches the VIN on the door. Then call a dealer and verify it's actually a "Daytona" VIN. Usually, special editions get special VIN #'s.
A lot of the times you can put the VIN in GOOGLE and find evidence of a salvage auction sale with pictures and description of the damage. Check out Poctra. Carfax and other background companies can give dates and descriptions of damages. Some offer 5 searches for $20-30

1 - 10 of 10 Posts