Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is at tbe stage of not knowing who he is, wanting to go home, when he already is home.
When he talks, he isn't clear. And what you can understand, doesn't make sense. Starting to spend some VERY late nights and VERY early mornings. He won 't stay on the oxygen., keeps getting off of it. Going to have to get him an appointment with the doctor and see what can be done to help him. He is really getting to be a handfull. And my brother and his family would take full advantage if they knew we were having these issues with hi.

Reactions: dperk

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
My dad, my sister and I watched mom go through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours in this difficult period.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My dad, my sister and I watched mom go through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours in this difficult period.
Thank you, brother. I really hate to hear about your Mom, I hate that My Mom is gone, but I sure am glad that She didn't have this to have to deal with. I can remember when my Mom and Dad were raising me and how they handled things, It REALLY bothers me, to see my Dad going downhill like this. I'm going to have to get him in to see a Doctor and see if there is anything they can do, that will maybe at least ease things up a bit. My Daughter and I never got any sleep last night and barely caught a nap today. This is REALLY driving me up the wall. I have tried everything I know of and nothing seems to work. Oh, several times, I thought I reached him, with what I was saying, but that would only last 15 or 20 minutes, if that long. I went to bed around 4 or 5 times, thinking I had gotten him to understand and next thing I knew, my Daughter was letting me know that he was at it again. At 88yrs old, he isn't very stable and will sometimes try to get around, without his walker and he is pretty weak. Trying to keep him out of a wheelchair, as was in one, when He turned to me to get him away from my brother and I got him some rehabilitation to get him up on a walker and had that going. Sorry to go on, I am just SO frustrated, about how this is going. Trying to make this a Special Christmas, with my new Wife and Step Daughter, but it sure doesn't look like it's going to happen. Not giving up on that, just trying to prepare myself, for what appears to be obvious. Thank you again, for your support.

Bill I'm so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you during this difficult time.
Oops, Sorry about that, Melissa. I got so carried away with my responding to the posts, that I posted without thanking You for Your support as well. I KNOW that I can ALWAYS count on a Huge amount of support from the Forumz Family and I am totally grateful for that. I have heard of situations like this, but never actually experienced one. And I know that this is just the tip of the iceberg and I am certainly Praying that his problem doesn't go that far. Thanks again, Melissa.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Bill My Prayers are with you, hope this can go smoothly though it does not sound likely. Maybe doctors will need to adjust his meds and get things stable, I had this happen with my mother and father-laws. God Bless you and your family.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bill My Prayers are with you, hope this can go smoothly though it does not sound likely. Maybe doctors will need to adjust his meds and get things stable, I had this happen with my mother and father-laws. God Bless you and your family.
Thank you Brother, Yes, I am Praying that we can get at least Some help from Doctors. Just a little bit back, we had a pacemaker put in, because he wasn't ready to go, at 88yrs old and now, he is refusing some things prescribed by a doctor. Who knows what is next. Thanks for your Support, means alot.

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
Bill I'll keep him in my families prayers at night, stay strong for him.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
My dad is 89, back in the end of September he had a stroke and fell. He could not get up and laid there of 3 days. He lived little over 2 hours from my house, long story short after being in a hospital and therapy for 2 weeks I got him in a Assisted living, they manage his meds and now he is back to being sharp of mind and starting to get stronger. Sometimes we can not do it all, think it over!!!!!! The other good part is I now get to talk to him and spend time a lot more!!! I hope all turns out.

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Hey Bro, my heart and prayers also go out to you and your family through this troubling time. I hope that ALL goes well with your father. Make sure you keep your thoughts positive

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My family cared for my grandmother who was in the same state, and cherishing all the good times with him will definitely help through the more difficult times. I wish you the best!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dang Bill,I'm real sorry about your father. Our prayers are with your family.
Hey brother, I apologize for overlooking your post here. I somehow didn't see it til now. Thank you for your support And Prayers. Definately appreciated.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Bill, prayers and good thoughts sent your way.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry to hear this, my prayers are with you and your family.
Hey Bro, my heart and prayers also go out to you and your family through this troubling time. I hope that ALL goes well with your father. Make sure you keep your thoughts positive
My prayers are with you and your family Bill.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My family cared for my grandmother who was in the same state, and cherishing all the good times with him will definitely help through the more difficult times. I wish you the best!
Sorry to hear about this Bill ask about the medication Exelon TD. Have a coworker who is on it and you can definitely tell it helps. I pick him up for work in the AM and I ask him stuff which you could never get a coherent answer before the Exelon TD.

[url]http://www.exelonpatch.com/home.jsp?usertrack.filter_applied=true&NovaId=2935376964240542328[/URL]

First off, I want to apologize for getting behind on this. I have just been a bit set back by the way my Dad was acting and then, while trying to keep up with your responses and support, my computer crashed and I want you ALL to know that my Dad is doing somewhat better, in that he is taking his meds better and being at least somewhat more cooperative. I am definitely asking about that med, Exelon TD. He doesn't appear to have gained any weight back, from eating better, but he is getting heavier, when I help him get up to go to the table to eat. I try to have conversations with him, to try to see if I can help his thought process and may just be me, but seems to help somewhat. Thanks again folks, you all are Fantastic!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got my Dad around today, for an appointment with his new Dermotoligist and I don't know exactly what happened, but he WAS talking kinda mumbling and not making alot of sense, along with talking as if he was still several years behind in what was going on. Now, today, after the trip to the appointment, he is talking so I can understand him. He talks in a way that he is making sense, except that he didn't realize that he was home and he didn't realize that my Mom was no longer here. I had to tell him that this was his home that he and my Mom bought this modular home, had it delivered and setup, had a double depth 2 car garage built at one end, had it all bricked up and decks added on the rear and had lived here since 1985 and until she passed away in Feb 02. The last part was hard on me as well. We found an obituary and showed it to him. Then I told him that I was in the same situation as him, in that MY wife passed away in Jul 09, except that last year I remarried. It is almost as if he just woke up, after being in a coma for several years. But, he seems to be dealing with it and taking in what I am telling him. This has been quite a different afternoon, that's for sure. The Dermotologist appointment went well. They froze some places on his arm and took a couple of biopsies, to see what they might have to do, as far as skin cancers. Fortunately, the reports came back showing that they were starts of skin cancers and when they were removed, that was the end of that. On the way home, I Thanked God.

And I want to Thank All Of You, For Your Support. Dad had something to eat, drank 3 cups of coffee, said he was ready for a nap, I helped him to his room, he thanked me for all I have done and went to sleep. Cool to see him relaxed and feeling and seeming to be more with it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts