Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up guys, I'm getting my reso deleted on my Magnaflow cat back.. the question is what should i replace the reso with? second question should i replace the muffler with a different muffler? i bought this cat back thinking it be louder than stock but isn't much louder.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Check out my thread in here the 3.6l exhaust section"got my exhaust done". Watch my vidros to see and hear eith single dynomax muffler and reso delete.
You really don't need to replace the reso's with anything other than pipes. That will give you allot more sound your looking for. The reso's job is to dampen the mufflers sound and eliminate exhaust drone.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out my thread in here the 3.6l exhaust section"got my exhaust done". Watch my vidros to see and hear eith single dynomax muffler and reso delete.
You really don't need to replace the reso's with anything other than pipes. That will give you allot more sound your looking for. The reso's job is to dampen the mufflers sound and eliminate exhaust drone.
I can't find the thread, can you plz post the link to it?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
hey whats up guys, I'm getting my reso deleted on my Magnaflow cat back.. the question is what should i replace the reso with? second question should i replace the muffler with a different muffler? i bought this cat back thinking it be louder than stock but isn't much louder.

Thanks in advance
Some people will say a new system needs "burn in" time. Ive also heard of people replacing their resos with glass packs. In the end, do some research, listen to some sound clips of what others have done so you can make an informed decision. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Thanks a lot!

sorry to be a noob, but where do people place "glasspacks"?
usually where the reso's go, and no problem man, we all had to start somewhere!

Here is another thread full of exhaust sounds. If you go on you tube, and type in 2013 charger exhaust, you will find a plethora of videos!
http://www.chargerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=144598
Mind you, the videos never sound as good as they do in person!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
If you have a magnaflow system, I'd just remove the rear section with the resos and see how it sounds before chopping anything.

I still bet that removing the resonators would do the trick.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Yes, I agree ...kill the reso an you will be pleased...

·
Registered
54 Posts
My shop installed my Flowmaster 40's first and showed me the sound. Sounded practically bone stock. Then I had him chop the resonators off which made a night and day difference. That will be the sound you're looking for.

However, with my Flowmasters I have drone at certain ranges that is a little louder than I'd like. I've heard Magnaflow isn't as bad but typically when you remove resonators you WILL get some kind of drone.

I'll be putting glasspacks in place of the resonators in the next few weeks and will post up a clip of before and after.

In the end, new mufflers and reso delete sounds 10x better than stock.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Also..YOUTUBE is a great help..and there is a thread on here, (if i find it, i will link it) that has alot of exhaust videos in it for you to get a feel. but i can almost garauntee you will be pleased with a reso delete.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts