Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw there is a 71mm ported throttle body. Does anyone have this or know about it? Will i see an increase in performance? Throttle response is garbage on these SXTs..

·
5,998 Posts
I have a ported throttle body on my 5.7. I can't honestly say that it made any difference for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Not even a difference in throttle response? Really not liking the throttle lag.. I know its not a V8 but I know the power is there. Dont care about horse power gains and all that junk im not racing it.. Just looking for better pick up is all.

P.S. Will I see a difference in mpg? It wont give the engine too much air and make it run lean will it? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
71 mm tb

I just put mine on two days ago....I have a 2010 sxt. Dual Mags, K&N CAI, 91 tune, on 20's. And now the 71 TB.

Us V'6s have a lot of way to improve on throttle response. I am not too surprised the big boys may not see much of a difference.

In the 2 short days I have noticed a difference. It certainly gets much better response and is way smoother. A small but noticeable power increase at WOT. I have the throttle booster set maxed for the diablo so I don't know how much the TB itself will make a difference. But I added the 71 MM (from Modern Muscle - $319) to my existing set up and I can honestly say it is well worth it. By adding this it's starting to feel like a more complete vehicle. Hums right along and will get up to 100 before I know it. I don't race or anything, but I drive a ton. This mod seemed like the piece I needed to help bring the things I have done all together.

Just my experience so far....it's great.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Not sure about the SXT but on my Diablo tuner I was able to adjust the throttle booster on my SRT

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
You need a diablo sport tuner it will eliminate that awful throttle lag plus add some extra HP and get you more MPGs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about doing both upgrades? Both the tuner and ported TB? Will I experience gains with just one or will the both together give the best results?

And what is the stock rear end ratio? Or does it vary?

PS Would it make a difference from DUB to SXT?

·
Registered
243 Posts
if you go with the tb better check out the intake-stock intake wont keep up with the 71 and if you dont have some kind of tune going your just wasten your$

1 - 9 of 9 Posts