Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my wits end with this. On the way to the airport at 0400 on Monday, 30 degrees out, and my heat quit. I got home yesterday and the first thing I did was check the coolant. It was a little low, so added to the necessary level. No dice. Swapped out the thermostat, still didn't work. I then noticed it was acting strange. If I had it set to the front defroster, it blew air out of the correct vents. Cold air, but still air. If I tried switching to the dash vents, it would blow air out of them for about 10 seconds, then switch back to the defroster. It would blow air out of the defroster for about 10 seconds, then switch back to the dash vents. It would keep doing this for as long as I set it to the dash vents. If I switched to the floor vents, it does the same thing. Switch back and forth between blowing air out of the floor vents and the front defroster. Again, cold air, not hot. If I change the temperature on the screen, it doesn't matter. The air coming out stays the same. If I turn on the A/C, however, the air blows cold AF.

I thought it might be the blend door actuator, but everything I've seen and read from people, the temps are different between the driver side and passenger side. For me, the temp is the same.

Any ideas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts