Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... several people can really appreciate a good Modification, but recently I had to tap into the engineering of my Road/Track Max, to a level seldom seen.... While driving on a two lane road, a distracted driver plowed into a car, waiting to turn, just as we approached. The Subaru, glanced off the car and into our lane of traffic head on. I had noted his heavy braking, and veered prior to impact with other car. What I didn't expect, was he would veer into our lane, clipping the final car and striking nearly head-on. I say nearly, as he struck the quarter panel and at our assumed combined speeds 40+40, the 80mph impact completely shears the shock tower, suspension and all the body work from my beloved RT. Needless to say, the bags recently recalled, deployed beautifully for me and my 2 passengers. They walked away... I hope to begin walking again in August.

So.... as we appreciate the great performance of these cars, I wanted to show you guys just how great these cars are for another reason. My injuries were predominantly to my right leg, a combination of me leaning to avoid roll over from Subaru and the lower dash airbag keeping me seated. My femur acted like a sledgehammer and crushed my Tibia Plateau, the bone that holds you vertical. After surgery and some killer modifications to my knee, I am a lucky SOB because of this car.

So....

I bought another one... just like it.
Charger2.jpg
IMG_1723.jpg
IMG_1748.jpg
IMG_1726.JPG
IMG_1750.jpg
57886842332__8A682551-2F10-4422-8F55-C3E73CFFEFBB.JPG
IMG_1755.jpg

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Sorry for the accident but happy to see the car protected you & your passengers. Enjoy the new car with the confidence it will keep you safe.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Sorry for your accide. Glad your passengers were ok. Good luck to you in your recovery. Good to know our cars can protect us in such cases.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts