Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side BACK seat power window.
Goes down with no problem but will not go up unless I play around and wringle it and pull up the window alittle.
Then Motor kicks in and window goes up.

Do I have to replace the whole motor of is there another possible cause for this..

·
H-D 883 IRON
12,781 Posts
Are you trying to make it go up from the driver's switch or the rear door switch?

·
H-D 883 IRON
12,781 Posts
I would say you need the rear window regulator assembly. I don't believe you can get the motor seperately.

·
H-D 883 IRON
12,781 Posts
I think its about $150 but not positive

·
Registered
570 Posts
Bull,
Common problem.

open the door. hold one finger down on the switch and strike the center of the door trim panel (near door pull) with your open hand. if that doesn't get it going, hit it harder.

After getting it going, use window at least once a week to keep it from sticking again.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah sounds like ya need a new regulator Bull. They go bad every now and then.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
On my previous car all the problem was the wires became unsoldered.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Hey bro..you cant put the widow up while you are sitting on it !!!!! Get off the window and then try to put it up........lol

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
It's nothing a little duct tape and bailing wire can't fix Bull!lol

·
Registered
25,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bull,
Common problem.

open the door. hold one finger down on the switch and strike the center of the door trim panel (near door pull) with your open hand. if that doesn't get it going, hit it harder.

After getting it going, use window at least once a week to keep it from sticking again.
Yeah I try it and took it a awhile for the window to go up..
About 30 min's. .
Being no one sits back there I will just keep it up.. =o)

Yeah sounds like ya need a new regulator Bull. They go bad every now and then.
That is what I am afraid of.
So when I have the money put aside.. Then I wil do teh above trick and it doesn't work and window is stuck for good. At least I have the money to fix it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts