Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2013 Dodge Charger RT AWD Plus
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a question and I'm sure someone has done it before but I'm not having the best of luck tracking down information around it. I've been looking at doing a brake upgrade on my 2013 Charger R/T AWD but all the big brake kits are all north of $4.5K and up. After doing some digging, I found some reman 4 piston calipers by Powerstop that are a fair price but are listed for 2012+ SRT. I think they should work out on my car but I like to be thorough before I go drop $1000 on a kit. I know I'm not gonna need 6 piston calipers because I don't plan on taking the power of this car to hellcat levels but I would like something that would still bring me to a stop better than stock. Has anyone out there with an AWD charger tried a kit like this before or heard/seen something that I haven't been able to track down?

~Kit below is sold for $1187.79 before tax on RockAuto.com~

Part image

· Registered
2,405 Posts
Not sure if spindles would be required if they are specifically for the SRT8. Do a search on the Challenger Talk forum. Lots of AWD GT's and SXT's that may have done it.
One example of search:

· Registered
2013 Dodge Charger RT AWD Plus
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
** UPDATE **

So I have done some research and branched out to some technicians I work with. After a long day of measuring the wheels and calculating offsets and clearances, we have come to the conclusion that the kit will fit (within ~20mm of spare room in front). Only step left is to pull the trigger and get them coming in. My measurement are based of the OEM RT AWD 19" wheels (which will be upgraded to 20" in the future). OEM Front rotors are 350mm and the powerstop rotors are 360mm in front. Rear should fit without a hitch since rear rotors are 350mm like the front. While looking up information, a common consensus is the max rotor size for wheels are as follow
  • 328mm rotor (12.9") - minimum 17" wheel
  • 332mm rotor (13.1") - minimum 17" wheel
  • 355mm rotor (14") - minimum 18" wheel
  • 380mm rotor (15") - minimum 19" wheel
Only concerns I currently carry is my offset on RT AWD 19" wheels is a +45 which I should be able to remedy with a .75"(20mm) spacer to make sure the wider caliper doesn't contact the wheel spokes. Mounting bolt holes should line up and caliper to inner wheel should be clear (if my math added up right), might have to trim some dust shields but that will be no problem to ensure proper fitment for larger brakes.

Since buying front and rear cost the same as buying them separate ($0.11 CHEAPER ACTUALLY BIG SAVINGS) I think I'll order the kits separate and update as the project continues with pictures

1 - 4 of 4 Posts