Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was browsing the theft section of Dodge chargers and noticed that I should post a few tips on preventing a break in not very in detail but a few things that can help you in the long run and preventing a broken window or worse.

1. Close that console cup holder, I sometimes keep loose change in there but thats all theives care about, so close that console cup holder dash.

2. If your a college student we all know books are expensive, like ranging from $50 - $400 so put those books in your trunk keep it out of the publics eyes. This also includes any backpacks and bags.

3.If you use iPods while driving to listen to music you love, put that iPod under your seat. Theives love electronics. If you haven't put a lock on your device as well as a GPS tracker (lookout mobile)

4. Park your car close to a light post hence people will report any suspicious activity that goes on in the parking lot.

5. Keep that change out of that change holder thingy by the charging thingy ;D anyways keep that crap inside your little hood.

6. Invest in an alarm system its worth it at the end.

Thanks for reading hope it gives your some pointers just trying to help the community I don't want chargers to be easy preys, we are big boys ;D

·
Registered
17,608 Posts
Park in a garage
Don't park in crappy areas
Don't live in a crapy area

If someone wants it, they will find a way to take it.

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Park in a garage

Exactly, if the alarm doesnt make the windows breakproof, or make the doors unopenable from the inner and outer latches, the thieves will scrounge through your car for whatever they can find while the alarm blares. And before you can run to the car they will be gone. Dont live in crappy areas, and dont park in crappy areas.Thats how you prevent thefts and damage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Park in a garage

This is so true. Alarms are not meant to make your car invincible, but to be used as a deterrent. Still a wise investment though. I recommend also adding a glass break sensor!

·
Registered
114 Posts
There is a new device called "Key Fob Blaster" theft can get into your car without a scratch, if you park your car and key fob closed proximity of 15-20 feet...they can use the blaster to blast your key fob signal and open the car, just like you open your own car...no alarm sound no nothing..nobody knows..theft access to your car just like their own car..my car broken twice...and the cops could not figured out why...the second time,,,capture them on camera in front of my house...3-4AM in the morning...
after i put my key fob inside of microwave when i home, and foil paper or altoids mint aluminum when i going shopping or outside...to protect the Fob Blaster....ebay selling this "Key Fob Blaster" 20-25 bucks...
some website shown how to built it as well....

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is a new device called "Key Fob Blaster" theft can get into your car without a scratch, if you park your car and key fob closed proximity of 15-20 feet...they can use the blaster to blast your key fob signal and open the car, just like you open your own car...no alarm sound no nothing..nobody knows..theft access to your car just like their own car..my car broken twice...and the cops could not figured out why...the second time,,,capture them on camera in front of my house...3-4AM in the morning...
after i put my key fob inside of microwave when i home, and foil paper or altoids mint aluminum when i going shopping or outside...to protect the Fob Blaster....ebay selling this "Key Fob Blaster" 20-25 bucks...
some website shown how to built it as well....
My understanding was when you USE your key fob they can grab the signal. I thought manually locking and unlocking not using the fob prevents this. Interesting.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nope, they are actually the device boost or blast extended signal from your own key fob to open the door..so your alarm is not goes off...just like you open own your car door but at a long proximity so you don't hear or notices..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here is the article from bankrate largest insured for most insurance co.

How you're targeted

For security reasons, newer key fobs are programmed not to activate until they are within a foot of your car. But technologically astute car thieves can use a power amplifier, which they can buy for as little as $17, to steal signals up to 300 feet away and then transmit the signal to the car. The low-tech solution to this high-tech crime is to wrap your key in an aluminum wallet or merely aluminum foil which will prevent signal theft when you want to keep it secure.
Beyond the problems with the key fob, some high-tech car thieves will start the old fashioned way by breaking into the car and then attaching a device to the on-board diagnostics, which is a connector used for communicating with your car's computer. Mechanics use it when working on your car.

not safe for any new cars key fob....

·
Registered
33 Posts
*******s are always trying to get over. Ridiculous! We as consumers just can't win. Let somebody open my garage when I'm home, it'll be the a bad night for them. I guess when I'm out and about I'll have to wrap my key in aluminum foil. I wonder if that booster crap would work if I put my key in the same pocket as my phone. That way neither one of us can get into my car with the fob until I separate the two. That'll be a simple and free countermeasure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My car is tinted limo all around and medium on the windshield, once at around 8pm I went to the dispensary I left my driver window down completely and all the other windows up and a thief decided it was easy pickings but my car was filled with 4 of my friends. Let's just say the thief got lucky the security was able to grab him first. Honestly if you don't pull a bonehead move like I did some dark tint will remove the visual temptation, but most car break ins are just random smash and grabs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts