Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the eibach prokit for x-mas...but i have a daytona with novimat. And the more i read...the more confused i am. Some say that they will work just fine, some say they will not work at all, and some say that they will work but they will wear out my novimat system in about a year. Does anyone really know what the real deal is with this. thanks to all that chime in on this. Have not installed yet because of the confusion....but i really want to. Its killing me to see the box sitting in the floor...full of springs, and not empty and in the trash.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
You can put those springs on the front struts but I wouldnt put them on the back shocks because they are self leveling and werent designed to use lowering springs. A cheap way around that is to find someone that is selling their OEM R/T shocks and use those with the eibach springs instead of the Daytona ones. But you will have to make sure they are from a regular R/T and not one with the R&T package as they have the same self leveling shocks as the Daytona.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
yes the nivomats are self leveling and if you put lowering springs on them the shock will try to lift the car without the help of the spring and from what I have heard you will ruin the shocks much quicker then a year. Get some R/T rear shocks or look at aftermarket shocks for your car.

·
Registered
106 Posts
how do you know if you have the self leveling system, i have the rt with road and track but i have never felt or heard my car self leveling

·
Registered
106 Posts
ok so is there any lowering springs that we can use with novimat?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
ok so is there any lowering springs that we can use with novimat?
Nope they arent designed to be lowered anymore than the stock height. You can lower the fronts with no problem but if you want to lower the rear, you would have to get a set of non-self leveling shocks before you use the lowering springs.

·
Registered
106 Posts
wow that suxs looks like a new coilover kit in my future :0

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
I got the eibach prokit for x-mas...but i have a daytona with novimat. And the more i read...the more confused i am. Some say that they will work just fine, some say they will not work at all, and some say that they will work but they will wear out my novimat system in about a year. Does anyone really know what the real deal is with this. thanks to all that chime in on this. Have not installed yet because of the confusion....but i really want to. Its killing me to see the box sitting in the floor...full of springs, and not empty and in the trash.
I have a Daytona, it had the nivomats in it. When I lowered, it I just installed a brand new pair of RT shocks. You can get them at any dealer for around $175, you have to take the stock shocks out any way to remove the spring. I hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
106 Posts
only $175 for rear shocks? that sounds alot better then over $2000 for a aftermarket kit

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was planning on getting the eibach shocks anyway to go with the springs, plus the sway bars. so i guess i'll just pull out the ol' credit card and fix my problem once and for all. thanks guys for all your input.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
i was planning on getting the eibach shocks anyway to go with the springs, plus the sway bars. so i guess i'll just pull out the ol' credit card and fix my problem once and for all. thanks guys for all your input.

Glad to help out. If you are going to do the sways, then you definately want to do it when you are installing the new rear springs. This way you only have to tear the rear apart once, I had to tear mine down again to install the new rear bar.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I have been going threw all of this for the past few weeks.
What everyone is saying is correct, you can put the springs on with the nivomats but the rear of the car will not drop! your front will drop like its supost to but the nivomats wont let the rear go down. Its kind of like driving with air shocks. I did this for about two weeks while i ordered the stock r/t shocks, and just had bmc change them over on wed afternoon. So now i have the stock r/t shocks in the back and the rear dropped like it was supost to with the springs.

So yes you can put the springs on with the nivomats but the rear will not drop at all. As far as damaging the nivomats??? Maybe shorten the life a bit depending on how you drive, but if you want the car to be lowered then you have to change the rear shocks or get a coil over set and thats not cheap, so the cheapest way is to get a set of r/t rear shocks.
I paid like 140.00 for the stock r/t rear shocks
hope that helps

·
Registered
12 Posts
same prob I faced with my Road and Track Package... Just got Mopar coilovers and Hotchkis sways and I couldnt be any happier!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts