Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to go do my brakes today 55,000 miles and noticed that my lug nuts are all messed up. They appear to have corroded from the inside as the chrome is not tight to the base.

Has anyone else had this problem?

-nick

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
Had this problem a year ago. I basically had to mangle off the chrome section of the lugs and then replace them with proper ones. It's one of those things that drives me nuts about Chrysler. Why in the world would they make a 2 piece lug nut.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
those oem lugnuts are terrible. I removed all of mine - some I had to cut that cover off to get at the nut part.

Just a FYI - if you replace then with 3rd party ones, make sure that the 3rd party ones seat properly. I bought the 3rd party ones for the oem wheels (the 18's) and found that they threaded fine but the seat part was too small.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not OEM nor Chrysler, has been the problem of chrome lugnuts for over 30 years, some are two piece and some arn't have some that are on a 1977 car rhat re two piece and it is a Ford. :O

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
We need some help here.

Why is it so hard to find lug nuts to fit properly for the Charger ? :mad:
I've tried Gorilla lugs, Mcguard lugs, and they all have the same problem, the acorn bulge design we need are just too small for the OEM rims. :4-dontknow:

If we had the OEM lugs in a one piece, solid steel design, perfect. :TU:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Why is it so hard to find lug nuts to fit properly for the Charger ? :mad:
I've tried Gorilla lugs, Mcguard lugs, and they all have the same problem, the acorn bulge design we need are just too small for the OEM rims. :4-dontknow:

If we had the OEM lugs in a one piece, solid steel design, perfect. :TU:
Tell me about it - you're absolutely correct.

I spent many hours trying to find a one piece / solid replacement and finally the only lug nuts that worked for the 18's on my 2006 RT were the Mcguard locking ones------so I have 20 locking lug nuts - which is a PITA when rotating tires, working on brakes, etc. Sure it's extreme but nothing else fit and I did not want those sh%$#@!$%^ty ones anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts