Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ran into my first set of problems with the car and all at once , not exactly expensive problems but a pain in the ass nonetheless, well for a little bit now i've a loud clunk in the front end and thought maybe strut mount no biggie easy fix but when i put the car up on the hoist while doing a regular brake service I figured I would investigate the noise further , turns out i need and upper ball joint and a strut on the drivers side, what sucks is that you cant get just a ball joint I have to buy a whole new control arm, and while changing the brakes I found that i have angled brake pad wear , and the pins on the carrier were ceased and the caliper was hanging up on one side. the other side was just dirt inside the rubber boot causing some friction which also caused the caliper to hang up. i fixed the brakes and its allot better , just gotta get the control arm and upper ball joint , which i can get after market thankfully cuz from dealer control arm is about 300 bucks and the strut is 150 bucks , one other thing bothering me is when i turn my steering wheel i hear a weird low toned squeeking noise which is consistent with the turning of the wheel, anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
You may be able to pick up an SRT suspension from someone. or just upgrade all together if you wanted.

·
Registered
655 Posts
foa all suspension parts, find aftermarket parts that are greasable, they are better and most of it have a better waranty then original parts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys ... were probably looking at big bucks for the srt suspension tho right?

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Have you checked any local salvage yards for the parts you need?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no sir but im affraid of wut kind of shape a used control arm or strut may be in

1 - 6 of 6 Posts