Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so a loooong time ago i permenatly removed this piece so i could install some led's under the car,, welll i was driving in some HEAVY rain today and had to go through some deep water, so i was wondering if i should maybe put it back on? i still have it but all the push clips and screws and everything are gone, so could i get the screws and stuff from somewhere? oh and today i hit some deep water on the side of the road and it like ripped off the part of the front wheel well that goes up it a lil, but is mainly longer on the under body of the car
any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
629 Posts
I borrowed this photo from another thread and added the scribbles....

Do you mean the area highlighted in yellow? If so, I had that off while looking for a socket that I dropped, the front lower fascia seemed very loose and unstable without it. My feeling is that it needs to be there for this purpose and to help air flow under the car. The panel in green is strictly an "aero" cover that is also supposed to help air flow under the car (tiny improvement in gas mileage is what I was told) and some people leave it off, it's optional. The front two screws should be put back in to keep the back edge of the front (yellow) panel attached. I would guess that the front panel would help keep water from splashing up into the air intake plenum (?)....unless the water is really deep, lol. I had the (green) aero cover off for a while until I realized how filthy the engine bay got without it. Not sure if I answered your question....haha.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
The oil pan cover WOULDNT stop water comin in if you went thru a big puddle.... it just a slight protective cover and help reduce dirt and debri coming into the engine area....

I got a new one ROUGHED it up with sandpaper real good and RYNO lined it.... hasnt torn or flexed like my original since....

the front plastic facia piece is needed for stabilty of the wheel wells and front facia .....this is the one that the oil pan plastic cover screws too...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay so it looks like im going to be putting this back on, so now my question is where can i get the screws and push clips and stuff? and yes it is the part highlighted in yellow

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
okay so it looks like im going to be putting this back on, so now my question is where can i get the screws and push clips and stuff? and yes it is the part highlighted in yellow
When mine started to come loose I had the dealer reattach it. Sorry, but i couldn't find my invoice to look for the part number of the fasteners/screws.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its okay, i know someone here can help me with it!

·
Registered
872 Posts
I ripped off both covers one day entering a parking lot too fast and ordered all the fasteners needed to hold them on. I don't remember what part went where, but there are three parts (fasteners) used to hold the covers (both of them) on. I also do not remember what the number after the description means, if I ever knew. These numbers are taken directly from an invoice I have.

6506132AA -- Pin -- 103
6508332AA -- Screw -- 165A
6506161AA -- Screw Tapp -- 101

I didn't get any of the clips that the screws go into, those stayed in place.

The Screw Tapp part is a screw with a washer attached.

Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts