Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a problem but a series of questions on the RB5 radio. Still getting used to the rules here, so if Problems and Questions isn't the proper section, please feel free to move this thread. Also, please forgive me if I have my terminology wrong. I have been reading until my eyes have crossed and learned more than I ever expected thanks to all of your help. I have a couple lingering questions that I haven’t been able to find answers to in my searches.

If you update the firmware of a 2012+ radio from a 300 or other model, will the SRT menus be populated or must the radio come from a 2012-14 Charger to enable them?

It looks like the RB5 (regardless of part number) has the SD slot. First, do any models not have the SD? I would like to keep the manual climate control panel but upgrade the radio if possible. Does the manual control panel have the pocket to allow the installation of an RB5 like the auto package does?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Can't speak to weather or not they all come with the SD slot, as I don't recall seeing one without it, but as far as the SRT pages, if the RB5 came out of an SRT equipped car, it will have the menus there, however, both Dodge and Chrysler vehicles have them 'locked' inside, but with a Tazer programmer, you can unlock that feature...at least that is what I know..but could be wrong...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s exactly what I am looking to do: use my Tazer but wasn’t sure if those screens were on every radio or if they only loaded them on Charger models.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Can't speak to weather or not they all come with the SD slot, as I don't recall seeing one without it, but as far as the SRT pages, if the RB5 came out of an SRT equipped car, it will have the menus there, however, both Dodge and Chrysler vehicles have them 'locked' inside, but with a Tazer programmer, you can unlock that feature...at least that is what I know..but could be wrong...
I was looking for an answer to that for a while. I did get an RB5 radio from another 2011 figuring I wasn't going to get SRT pages or the Sport mode. I've tried reading about while trying not to fall asleep....lol....but ended up not finding a definite answer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For posterity, the manual climate controls do have the SD card pocket built in so I was able to keep the manual controls intact.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I was looking for an answer to that for a while. I did get an RB5 radio from another 2011 figuring I wasn't going to get SRT pages or the Sport mode. I've tried reading about while trying not to fall asleep....lol....but ended up not finding a definite answer.
Yeah, I know all too well how that goes lol! I've looked at at least 6 different model charger RB5's, from years 2012-2014...SE's, R/T's and SRT8's...all but 1 had the SRT pages and sport mode locked, and needed the Tazer to unlock but non the less was there...and the SRT's of course had them on there straight out the gate, no need for the Tazer.

Maybe someone with a 2011 model can chime in, but from first hand dealings, and also just like in my own R/T (as both SRT pages and Sport Mode were locked from factory, even though I have an upgraded Plus model but a non-SRT) the Tazer was what was needed in order to unlock those bad boys and allow me to enjoy them!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah, I know all too well how that goes lol! I've looked at at least 6 different model charger RB5's, from years 2012-2014...SE's, R/T's and SRT8's...all but 1 had the SRT pages and sport mode locked, and needed the Tazer to unlock but non the less was there...and the SRT's of course had them on there straight out the gate, no need for the Tazer.

Maybe someone with a 2011 model can chime in, but from first hand dealings, and also just like in my own R/T (as both SRT pages and Sport Mode were locked from factory, even though I have an upgraded Plus model but a non-SRT) the Tazer was what was needed in order to unlock those bad boys and allow me to enjoy them!
Just posted a thread about this

https://www.chargerforumz.com/threads/2011-charger-tazer-srt-pages-and-sport-mode.190396/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts