Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I have a 2012 RT with factor HIDs, problem is I'm trying to aim them a bit higher and it's like the passenger side one won't go any higher. I've gotten the driver side at a pretty good height but even adjusted all the way up, the passenger side will not budge. It will move down all day long but is there anything I can do to make it higher? Thanks everyone

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sounds like the adjuster is at the end of the screw. Has the car ever been in an accident or the headlights been replaced? My guess is the one wasn't installed right or the mounts are bent.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the adjuster is at the end of the screw. Has the car ever been in an accident or the headlights been replaced? My guess is the one wasn't installed right or the mounts are bent.
Never been in an accident. Or replaced. Hmm any idea on how to fix that?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Never been in an accident. Or replaced. Hmm any idea on how to fix that?
The only thing I can think of is to pull the headlight and see if something looks broken or popped out. BUT, (there's always a but) you're going to have to pull off the front facia to do that.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Please for the sake of others on the road, get your lights adjusted by someone that has the proper equipment to do it.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Charger SXT
3 Posts
Just an update for all 7th Gen Chargers.

I found that a No. 6 extra long allen wrench is the perfect length and fit to adjust the headlights up and down. I just finished and it couldn't have been any easier.

The only difficult part is how anal a person could be getting lights aligned perfectly.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Funny, I always crank mine down 1/2 turn right away. As an UBER driver, I hate being blinded, so I do NOT want to be one of those people. Right on Dave!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts