Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a recent problem with my RT just quitting as I'm driving it. Pull over, starts right up. There's a little bell goes off when it stalls, no codes, so dealers are lost. I heard new coils/spark plugs, new throttle body, gas tank and pump ! I'm lost

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
There are others with the same 2006 RT problem. None of them have been able to isolate the cause of the problem. One possibility is the problem that was reported to the NHTSA (fuel shutoff)

The fuel shutoff issue on 2006 Chargers, with the 5.7L Hemi, resulted in an extended warranty (lifetime coverage) rather than a recall. You're covered if your mechanic can trace the problem to the control valve.

The condition that was causing the majority of stalling incidents in the subject vehicles occurs at a stop, or low speed, and allows the vehicle to be restarted immediately
The problem was traced to the multi-function control valve fuel shutoff float in the 19-gallon fuel tanks. The float can swell into a stuck open position, allowing an overfill condition.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/fuel-tank-warranties-extended-on-2006-chrysler-300-dodge-charger-and-magnum.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually all the people who I've talked to that changed the tank , fuel pump by Chrysler didnt stop the stalling but have since changed their PCM with an aftermarket one, not Chrysler and it fixed it , that was in 7 Chargers I reviewed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts