Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where, r1 concepts Rotors and Brake pads are manufactured? I am considering purchasing a set for my vehicle. I see that they have a American flag indicating that they are an American Vendor however, I can't find any info as to where they are made. Folks seem mostly happy with them, however all things being equal, I try to support American made whenever I can. Thanks.

·
Registered
520 Posts

·
Vendor
757 Posts
Here at R1, our lines of products are designed and engineered in-house in Cerritos, CA. We maintain and supervise strict standards in manufacturing processes in Asia (China/Taiwan). Our research team is involved with OEM friction (brake pads) suppliers in 4 continents to provide the market with specifically formulated friction products that meet exacting requirements. Through R&D, we engineer our own castings and manufacturing technologies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: R1 concepts, thanks to all who replied with information.
I took the plunge and ordered a set of rotors (geospec OE blank) and rear pads for my spare car, which is not a charger.
This is what I learned. The order arrived within two days of me placing the order, which I though was great.
The rotors and pads were packaged in plain black boxes indicating they were manufactured by (DFC) dynamic friction company, I was surprised, I thought R1 concepts was a standalone company. The packaging appeared different than what was presented on the website. (Oh well you can't judge a book by it's cover).
The rotors indicated they were manufacture in China
The pads indicated they were manufactured in China
The hardware indicated they were manufactured in China
The quality appeared good.
I installed the rotors, hardware and pads myself. All parts fit without incident. The pads were bedded according to the instructions that were provided with the order.
As of 300 miles driven, no issues present at this time.
I will update if the need arises.
Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts