Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody ever put race gas in a charger? i normally put in 89 or 91 oct in my rt but i found a place close to me that has either 100 or 110 sunoco race gas, i think its about $8 a gallon. i wanna try it but is there anything i should know before i do this? any special procedures?

ill keep everyone updated when i get some ill most likely do a dyno run

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
9,160 Posts
Make sure it is unleaded and is legal to run on the street in your area. Do not use the 110, the 100 mixed with 89 or 91 is probably the way to go. You should be able to find a chart on line for mixing. I don't think you will get much benefit past 95 octane.

·
Registered
229 Posts
100? Max we got here is 97 octane, and the second option is 95 octane. They even fill the 97 octane at race tracks to exotic cars here.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Save your $8 a gallon. Fill your tank with 89 and add 3 ounces of Aces IV from BND.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Unless you have some crazy mods and are tuned for it, the race gas will provide no benefit to you.

Higher octane fuels are to stop detonation or spark knock. Guys that need that fuel typically have high compression engines, supercharger or turbo, or nitrous and are tuned for the higher octane fuel.

Running a higher octane fuel will let you add more timing but I wouldn't go doing that unless you are pretty experienced with tuning.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^^^ X2^^^ This will do nothing for you except drain your wallet.

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
Don't use race gas unless you have too or you are tuned for it.

Save the money, you will just be wasting it

·
Registered
193 Posts
Unless you have some crazy mods and are tuned for it, the race gas will provide no benefit to you.

Higher octane fuels are to stop detonation or spark knock. Guys that need that fuel typically have high compression engines, supercharger or turbo, or nitrous and are tuned for the higher octane fuel.

Running a higher octane fuel will let you add more timing but I wouldn't go doing that unless you are pretty experienced with tuning.
^^^ This +1 ^^^

1 - 11 of 11 Posts