Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While installing my lockpick I forgot about the theft radio code. I finished installing it and wanted to try it out and the radio is asking me for the code. Where do we find the code. I looked through all my paperwork and cant find a code. On my wifes accord the code was in her paperwork. Where is the code located?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its ok. the radio started working again. I left it alone for at least an hour and all of a sudden the radio came back on. I already got everything installed. So today I installed the lockpick c8 and a speedlogix catch can.

Reactions: 2Cav

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
Glad it worked out for you, i disconnected my battery the other week and then my radio wallpaper turned blue, I loved it, but after my 2nd start of the car, it went back to red.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
AHHHHHH, CODE! I just replied to your PM, I didn't have that problem. Mine never asked for the code. On that note though, What good does an anti theft code do, if they put it on a sticke on top of the unit!!!!!!! (FAIL)

Glad you got it all installed!

Jeff

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this forum is old but it helped me out in 2020. Car audio guys fried my head unit so I bought one on ebay for 80 bucks and needed the anti theft code. There's only two dodge dealerships in my area. (middle of nowhere MO) I called the small town dealer first and they charged 120. I said I just needed the code but they wanted to do the "installation" I hung up and called the only other one left. A big time dealer, transferred me to the parts guy who just needed the vin and serial from the new head unit( all the info was on the ebay listing). Got the code in minutes and over the phone for free.

I was VERY lucky and this just proves you can get that code for free and over the phone

Hope this helps out the next guy in my situation

·
Registered
386 Posts
Nice. Double nice actually. Nice that you could resolve your problem, and that you could revive an 8 year old thread at the same time. Very cool.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice. Double nice actually. Nice that you could resolve your problem, and that you could revive an 8 year old thread at the same time. Very cool.
In fairness,

This does show an indication of using the search feature. Which a lot of people complain about not happening either.

·
Registered
386 Posts
In fairness,

This does show an indication of using the search feature. Which a lot of people complain about not happening either.
I totally agree. Most of the time searching on these forums (all forums) is a crap shoot. I'm glad he was able to find something he was searching for!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts