Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Charger Police converted to Civilian
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a significant interior swap in my 2013 Pursuit including the wire harnesses and RFH. I am using AlfaOBD to program the BCM and RFH to get everything to work, but I am stumped on an ignition issue. With the new RFH, the car will recognize the keys and will allow remote unlock/lock and to turn on electrical power in the car, but it will not start. The red flashing dot on the dash (security light I believe) continues to flash. I even erased all the keys, bought new a new key, programmed it in, but that still didn't fix this issue. If I put the old RFH back on (with the old keys), the flashing light stops and the car will run.
What am I missing?

·
Registered
946 Posts
I am doing a significant interior swap in my 2013 Pursuit including the wire harnesses and RFH. I am using AlfaOBD to program the BCM and RFH to get everything to work, but I am stumped on an ignition issue. With the new RFH, the car will recognize the keys and will allow remote unlock/lock and to turn on electrical power in the car, but it will not start. The red flashing dot on the dash (security light I believe) continues to flash. I even erased all the keys, bought new a new key, programmed it in, but that still didn't fix this issue. If I put the old RFH back on (with the old keys), the flashing light stops and the car will run.
What am I missing?
It's hard to say for sure, because we don't know enough about the RFH hub that you're attempting to install. I'm guessing it wasn't sourced by VIN.

I'm wondering if the issue might be that your car came with RFH-1 fobs and the unit you're trying to install requires RFH-2 fobs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got all the components out of a salvaged Charger. I used AlfaOBD to pair the RFH to the BCM. I went ahead and bought brand new key fobs to eliminate them from being the problem, but that didn't solve anything. It's like the car's computers don't want to play with the replacement RFH. The RFH worked in the donor car, so I am sure it is some kind of program thing, but I am not sure how to resolve it. I wonder is there another place in AlfaOBD I need to go to?

·
Registered
946 Posts
In case it isn't clear, I'm not sure the RFH you installed is compatible with your Pursuit, which I presume is a different chassis type than the donor car.

You also don't specify whether you're attempting to use RFH-1 or RFH-2 fobs. They are identical in appearance but not in functionality.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure on the fobs. I tried using the fob that was being used with the replacement RFH. The entire interior including the dash and body wiring harnesses, rear fuse box, steering wheel, HVAC controls, displays, etc have been swapped out. The things that are original to the Pursuit are the Start Button, gauge cluster, BCM, and things in the engine bay. Of course I had to reuse the shifter wiring as the donor car was the electronic 8-speed that tied to the CAN system (I removed this portion of the wiring).

So with that being said, which component would cause the incompatibility issue with the RFH?

·
Registered
946 Posts
So with that being said, which component would cause the incompatibility issue with the RFH?
I'm not sure it's an incompatibility with the module at all. It could be a configuration issue, I've never heard of swapping an RFH-2-based hub into an RFH-1 car, so I don't know how to do it, if in fact that's the situation.

You should probably start by comparing the FCC ID of the fobs to find out what you're dealing with.

If there is a compatibility issue, it might be the chassis code in the BCM. I still don't know what the donor car was, other than it was a Charger, but that's enough to know the chassis code will probably not match your Pursuit.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
No launch control without performance pages and they are only included with Super Track Pack and either the 8.4A or 8.4AN radio.

He may have asked if you were the original owner because it may be a previous owner used AlfaOBD to enable performance pages. If you have "police lighting feature" enabled you will not have full use of the RF hub.

The pursuit BCM is a different animal having analog rungs at the end.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I couldn’t tell much from the key fobs. I did notice that the original and the donor ones both had the same yellow dots inside. The two different RFH‘s are 68172580AB and 68172581AA. i wasn’t able to figure out how to tell if they are 1’s or 2’s.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did some more work on this. The problem is a VIN mismatch with the RFH, but I can’t seem to be able to fix this. Is it not possible to take a used RFH and swap them?

·
Registered
946 Posts
I did some more work on this. The problem is a VIN mismatch with the RFH, but I can’t seem to be able to fix this. Is it not possible to take a used RFH and swap them?
Yes, reprogramming a used module with the correct VIN is fast and easy with a dedicated device. I've never used AlfaOBD to do that, but if you have it, that's definitely the first thing I'd try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts