Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a 2015 SE charger. The radio seems to be upgraded by the previous owner. But when I try to use the uconnect registration or anything in the apps it wont connect at all. I also cant upgrade the radio os since its on ver 14.25.5 and when I type the vin in online it still says there is a 5 inch screen in it. Is there anything I can do at all or am I SO? Thank you all!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I can't speak for the Uconnect subscription cause I don't have that.
For the newest software update (17.43.01) just enter a VIN from a '15
car that has an 8.4. You can go on autotrader/craiglist etc. You will have to
download it to an empty flashdrive then install it in the radio.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't speak for the Uconnect subscription cause I don't have that.
For the newest software update (17.43.01) just enter a VIN from a '15
car that has an 8.4. You can go on autotrader/craiglist etc. You will have to
download it to an empty flashdrive then install it in the radio.
I found a vin for a 15 car but when I try to install it it just says software isint compatible with it. I’ve tried almost every single dodge car that’s a 15 and has that screen. I think the dude who did it put a Durango screen in it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
How are you trying to download it?

I did this update on both my Charger & Jeep it's not real difficult.
I put in my VIN on driveuconnect.com under software updates but like i said any '15 8.4 VIN will work---- you will see this:

UPDATE AVAILABLE
Your 2016 equipped with the system qualifies for the following software updates
Update 1:
UCONNECT_8.4A_RA3_17.43.01_MY16_NAFTA
SERVICE BULLETIN ID: 08-046-18 REV. A
RELEASE DATE: 2018-03-23
GET STARTED

click "get started" you will see this:

SERVICE BULLETIN ID:08-046-18 REV. A
RELEASE DATE:2018-03-23
INSTRUCTIONS:
Once you have download this software update, CLICK HERE(Open in a new window) for instructions on how to apply the update to your vehicle.
DOWNLOAD UPDATE

you can look at the instructions--you need to download the update to your computer then install it on a flash drive.
plug the flash drive into your USB port.

If that doesn't work then maybe you are right, i don't know if a Durango radio works in a Charger even though they are both high-speed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How are you trying to download it?

I did this update on both my Charger & Jeep it's not real difficult.
I put in my VIN on driveuconnect.com under software updates but like i said any '15 8.4 VIN will work---- you will see this:

UPDATE AVAILABLE
Your 2016 equipped with the system qualifies for the following software updates
Update 1:
SERVICE BULLETIN ID: 08-046-18 REV. A
RELEASE DATE: 2018-03-23
GET STARTED

click "get started" you will see this:

SERVICE BULLETIN ID:08-046-18 REV. A
RELEASE DATE:2018-03-23
INSTRUCTIONS:
Once you have download this software update, CLICK HERE(Open in a new window) for instructions on how to apply the update to your vehicle.
DOWNLOAD UPDATE

you can look at the instructions--you need to download the update to your computer then install it on a flash drive.
plug the flash drive into your USB port.

If that doesn't work then maybe you are right, i don't know if a Durango radio works in a Charger even though they are both high-speed.
Yeah tried just now with a charger 15 vin and update and says the update isn't compatible

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you enter random VIN's from 15/16/17 for Charger/Jeep/Durango etc you get the 17.43.01 update needed. The 18's/'19's come with the update so it won't show one available for those.
I tried some random '14 VIN's, none showed an update was available. I tried some VIN's from '13/'14 they show a different update needed. I would get the ser# from the radio and see if you can figure out what year it is and go from there.
Just a guess good luck....

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you enter random VIN's from 15/16/17 for Charger/Jeep/Durango etc you get the 17.43.01 update needed. The 18's/'19's come with the update so it won't show one available for those.
I tried some random '14 VIN's, none showed an update was available. I tried some VIN's from '13/'14 they show a different update needed. I would get the ser# from the radio and see if you can figure out what year it is and go from there.
Just a guess good luck....
I think u can pull the vin from a radio using alfaobd. You go in radio and do a read out of it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts