Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have that issue? I can't find any settings that would cause that to happen or stop it from happening. I'll set all the radio station presets and arrange the apps on the bottom where I want and then a week later its back to stock radio presets and stock settings for the apps on the bottom. Happened a half dozen times (this is my 19 durango not my charger).

·
Registered
1 Posts
This was driving me nuts in my Charger. Do you happen to use the profile presets on the door for seat position? These will also change your infotainment settings....

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
There's a Memory Seat Module (MSM) located underneath the driver seat. In addition to storing presets for seats, mirrors, etc ... the MSM also stores up to twelve radio station presets (six AM and six FM). The memory system will also store and recall the last station listened to. There's diagnostic trouble codes for the MSM but you need to use a OBD2 scanner that can read all codes (not just Pxxxx powertrains codes) because the MSM codes are Bxxxx Body codes and Uxxxx CAN Bus & Communication codes.(CAN = controller area network).
You can also check the wiring harness/connectors under the seat to make sure there's no loose connections.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This was driving me nuts in my Charger. Do you happen to use the profile presets on the door for seat position? These will also change your infotainment settings....
Yes but I have checked both and it doesn't change the radio settings.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's a Memory Seat Module (MSM) located underneath the driver seat. In addition to storing presets for seats, mirrors, etc ... the MSM also stores up to twelve radio station presets (six AM and six FM). The memory system will also store and recall the last station listened to. There's diagnostic trouble codes for the MSM but you need to use a OBD2 scanner that can read all codes (not just Pxxxx powertrains codes) because the MSM codes are Bxxxx Body codes and Uxxxx CAN Bus & Communication codes.(CAN = controller area network).
You can also check the wiring harness/connectors under the seat to make sure there's no loose connections.
I have a scanner that I believe reads all those codes. Would there be a trouble light somewhere in the dash that would show up to see something is wrong?

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
A lot of the codes for accessory equipment will not light any of the dash lights. Dash lights are for critical components (e.g. ABS brakes, engine, etc...). If the scanner can read all codes there may be a code logged for the MSM or radio circuits.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A lot of the codes for accessory equipment will not light any of the dash lights. Dash lights are for critical components (e.g. ABS brakes, engine, etc...). If the scanner can read all codes there may be a code logged for the MSM or radio circuits.
Omg I feel like such a tool. It was the seat setting. We had both the presets identical (factory) so no matter which seat setting you hit it goes back to the same thing. So I was hitting both settings back and forth and presets didn't change because that's what it was set to. Lol. Now it's all set. Carry on, nothing to see here...

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I love any easy fix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts