Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the 2011 charger v6 not the 8. I was wondering if there is anything out yet for replacing the stero? Right now it has the single din touch screen, i would like to put in my double din i have from my recent car, but wondering how to do that. Anyone got any good information. Thank you.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't think the swap will be easy since so many controls go through our screens however I have seen the single din in person so I have no clue. I know it would be pointless to swap out the 8.4 but you'll need to speak to a stereo shop about the swingle din. I know that there's no install kit out yet so you'll have to make up a custom one to work

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
You won't be able to do aftermarket without literally cutting out metal from the dash. The 8.4 and 4.3 are only screens, the actual deck is below because there is no room up there.

·
Registered
267 Posts
That's what I thought. Plus it's a huge piece to replace since not only the screen is removed but there's also the area where the cd/memory card goes in at. Seems like what you have is what you get kinda of thing. If your wanting a double din for DVD then just do tv's in the visors or a flip down. Sorry that this is little help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply.. Thats what i was fearing would be the asnwer, I'll have to call the dodge shops see if they come up with anything else. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Let us know if you find anything, i asked a similar question previously. Sounds like a lot of work and cost.

I wonder how audio shops view this? Seems like bad news for them with all the tightly integrated units coming standard and the high cost to switch.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You can always add amps to the factory unit. Probably the best bang for the buck, so to speak. I plan to drop in an amp and sub sometime in the near future.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I wouldn't do it because you'd lose all, and I mean all of your personal settings/controls for the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts