Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw where some people have had trouble with their radios due to the USB ports in the console. I have a 2019 Charger R/T with only 18,000 miles and had to have my radio replaced in December because Sirius wouldn’t work correctly, radio would reboot, it would get stuck on one channel and even the backup cameras wouldn’t work. It didn’t do it all the time, but it was quite frustrating when it did. I got in my car today and when I put the car in reverse, the screen went blue and stayed that way until I got to my destination. Now I’m going to have to call the Dodge dealer again. Anyone know why this keeps happening?

·
Registered
265 Posts
My uconnect crashes occasionally, and if it crashes when I am backing up it will do the same thing. It also freezes the volume and you can't change stations. The odd thing is that the backup camera will still come on every time I stop! The temp fix (if it's driving you crazy) is to park, shut the car off, get out of the car and shut the door, and walk far enough away where the car doesn't feel you near it. Then watch for the blue screen to go black and you should be good. This is likely a uconnect issue and you should easily be able to get this fixed under warranty since it's a 2019.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I saw where some people have had trouble with their radios due to the USB ports in the console. I have a 2019 Charger R/T with only 18,000 miles and had to have my radio replaced in December because Sirius wouldn’t work correctly, radio would reboot, it would get stuck on one channel and even the backup cameras wouldn’t work. It didn’t do it all the time, but it was quite frustrating when it did. I got in my car today and when I put the car in reverse, the screen went blue and stayed that way until I got to my destination. Now I’m going to have to call the Dodge dealer again. Anyone know why this keeps happening?
Hi JaneG,
Sorry to hear you are experiencing this, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local Dodge dealer again, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Yeah, those USB ports in my 2015 AND 2019 are ridiculously hard to use! I'm sure that's why my 2015 one no longer works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did not have the USB port problem but did have the other problems you had. And I am not sure why it keeps happening. It is very frustrating. I have a 2019 RT Daytona with less than 11,000 miles. The dealer replaced the radio in March of this year and I had the same problems still. The Dodge cares people on here reached out to me and gave me the following fix that worked for me. I did this about a week ago and it has not froze or restarted. The dealer told me since it its not currently doing it, there is not much they can do. Hope this helps you.
  1. Put your vehicle into the accessories mode (ACC or RUN) For keyless start (push-button) vehicles: push the start button twice without having your foot on the gas or brake pedal
  2. Hold down the Phone and voice recognition buttons (or tuner and volume knob), at the same time, for thirty seconds.
  3. Let go of the buttons
  4. Turn the vehicle off
  5. Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds (or until dash illumination goes black)
  6. Close door
  7. Restart vehicle
  8. Let the media center load up and see if the concern is still present

1 - 5 of 5 Posts