Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I own a 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T and While the engine is running at a stop or at low speeds the car will randomly shut off, killing the steering capability and forcing you to pull over, stop the car, and turn the ignition back on before driving again. While driving at higher speeds it makes a lurching motion and the Rpms drop to 0 and then goes back up to normal.
And advice and help is much appreciated.
I have a video but I don’t think I can attach it to the forums so if you would like to see it you can text me at +17605476806 and I’ll send it.
Thanks for and advice in advance!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Plug a scanner into the car's OBD2 port (under the dash next to the parking brake pedal) and see if any codes are being logged. There are a number of components that can cause this behavior (e.g. PCM, ASD - auto shutdown relay, etc...)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plug a scanner into the car's OBD2 port (under the dash next to the parking brake pedal) and see if any codes are being logged. There are a number of components that can cause this behavior (e.g. PCM, ASD - auto shutdown relay, etc...)
looks like I need a possible PCM flash?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Was it only P0700, U0100?
When was the last time you had your transmission serviced?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
P0700 just means there's an active DTC is stored in the TCM.
U0100 means that CAN Bus messages were not received from the ECM/PCM for approximately 500ms.
Possible causes for U0100 include ...
PCM power and ground
TCM (module that set the code) or the PCM
CAN-B or CAN-C Bus circuits open or shorted

Check the wiring harness/connectors that are connected to the PCM, TCM and FCM. Make sure they're not loose, damaged, corroded, etc... The FCM (front control module) is mounted on the front side of the fuse box (engine bay).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts