Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my catless kooks headers the other day and since then I’ve been feeling weird rattling, almost like a metal on metal type of grinding sound. It doesn’t do it all the time and when I’m driving at regular speeds it stops. Only when I am at at low RPM and in Reverse. Any suggestions on what this may be or is it just header noises I need to get used to ?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Most likely it's the exhaust system touching another metal surface. Check the clearances from the headers to the exhaust tips (tailpipe) and see if there's too much movement or not enough clearance. Check the torque on the header bolts to see if they are tight and check the exhaust hangers to make sure they are all secure.

Reactions: Boogie2_6

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most likely it's the exhaust system touching another metal surface. Check the clearances from the headers to the exhaust tips (tailpipe) and see if there's too much movement or not enough clearance. Check the torque on the header bolts to see if they are tight and check the exhaust hangers to make sure they are all secure.
Yeah I’m gonna take a look at that this weekend. I’ve got a lotta feedback saying there’s somewhere in the exhaust system rubbing where it shouldn’t.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts