Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought this up as an aside in another thread, but don’t want to hijack since this is becoming a bigger issue.
Problem: I lost any display from the 8.4” screen, it is completely black. The hvac controls are not responding, the heat is blowing with no way to stop it. I can get the backlight on the controls to briefly illuminate when I press the disk eject button.
Solutions tried: Pressed and held each button on the hvac controls. Started and shut down the car as a daily driver for a full day now. Pulled the radio fuse and replaced after 1 min. Pulled the - battery cable and replaced after 1.5 hours. All to no avail. Waiting for the rain to pass so I can pull the dash and check physical connections on the off chance that is it.
Before ordering new another radio, I thought I’d pick your brains for any other options.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also tried holding vol/power+tune/scroll for 10-20 seconds with no luck. It appears the only button that works is the hazard light switch

·
Registered
7 Posts
Similar happened to my daughter's Jeep (Uconnect). Lost GPS also. They had to replace the entire unit. Was about $400 (we had $200 deductible) if I recall correctly.

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts