Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 07 SRT8 has 32000 miles and the rear brakes are down to the indicators. Seems weird that the rear brakes would need to be replaced before the front. Any thoughts? Also am I supposed to have the rotors turned or not? Ive heard yes and no. Thanks.

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts!
4,974 Posts
Rears on the SRT almost always go before fronts. One reason is the ESP, if you drive with it on, it is going to use the brakes on a frequent basis to prevent wheel spin etc. The other reason would be excessive burnouts lol!

As far as the rotors go, check to see if they are worn within spec, if they are worn too much they cannot be turned and need to be replaced. If they are not worn badly you can keep them and use new pads. Some shops can/will turn them, but due to the design many will not try.

If you are looking for good replacement pads, we have several options, inlcuding some low dust options.

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts!
4,974 Posts
So it's no big deal to just put the new pads on without turning the rotors?
If the rotors are in ok shape...no scoring, and have more than the minimum recommended material left, you should be fine, just bed in the new pads well

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look fine to me. I work at a Toyota dealership so I was going to have the service department put the pads on and check the rotors.

·
Registered
366 Posts
My rears went low first as well. I'm on my second set of pads and my original rotors still at 54,000...gonna start looking for new pretty soon though, I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts