Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you active the rear camera through the dealer mode on the radio or do I have to go to the dealer and have them do it?

·
Registered
104 Posts
You will need the dealer or a Tazer. If you plan on doing anything else to the car that would require a dealer flash, then the Tazer is a better overall option after you play the dealer a few times. But if you just want that, the go dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a radio coming from eBay out of a 14 Dodge Journey. I guess I’ll wait till everything is installed and have then flash it and do the pin code all at once.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
All you need is your unlock code, Contrary to what certain online sellers who charge ridiculous prices claim there is no special programming required for you to install it in your car. Once you get the unlock code from the dealer or online you simply install it type in the 4 digit unlock code and you are done.

There is AlfaOBD, for other features. The (Android) apk is $49.00, the best interface is the Bluetooth OBDLink MX $70.00, $120.00 total and you can do much more.

I flashed an Auto Dimming driver door mirror I installed, the dealer couldn't. I enabled Sport Mode and Performance Pages (not available on 2011), moved my DRL's to the turn signals, and my fogs stay on with High beams.

But........ you have to be careful because you can trash your BCM requiring a tow to the dealership foer a BCM re-flash if you get squirrelly.

Download the free demo apk and look it over.

The folks over at the Dodge Ram Forum have a thread going on and we need the same here. Go and lurk. You will lean much. Read the opening thread carefully. Before making a single change upload a log so you can revert things.

Tazer is safe because its plug and play, but if you are comfy doing it yourself AlfaOBD is great.

Before I found AlfaOBD I wasted cash with (my) dealership fails and knowing they should have been able to do it I researched and stumbled into this jewel.

Tip, if you purchase the PC version its licensed to that PC only. The apk folows your google account to what ever device you want to use it on. I have it on a OnePlus 6 and a Nexus7 WiFi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts