Dodge Charger Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's honestly changed the car it makes it launch way harder compared to the stock 2.65 diff and with the diff it goes through the gears alot quicker the only down side is fuel economy is kinda poor after that agressive gearing

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Yeah that's a pretty huge step up in gear ratio, I imagine that the MPG difference is pretty significant, but I bet the torque multiplication feels NICE!

At this point I'd be excited to feel the difference from 2.65 to 3.06

·
Registered
220 Posts
Stock specs changed mpg was about 4mpg down. My AWD when I had it had 3.06 gears and 8spd and I got 27 avg with same setup w/o AWD got 31 with the 2.65 gears

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Wow that's a big difference, thanks for that info!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah that's a pretty huge step up in gear ratio, I imagine that the MPG difference is pretty significant, but I bet the torque multiplication feels NICE!

At this point I'd be excited to feel the difference from 2.65 to 3.06
Any change in 0-60?
i managed to drop my 0-60 from roughly 6.4 to almost 5.7 with only launching at 1500 and spinning off for the first bit and honestly if im nice it gets 9.4l/100km or 25 mpg but if im driving with getting up to speed in a a slightly aggressive manner it gets 19 mpg per tank

Reactions: Phunkydiabetic

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I was poking around some Challenger forums and it looks like the 2009 Challenger SE's were equipped with a 3.64 differential. It looked like it compatible with the 198mm too. I'm not sure on the spline count yet though. Has anyone heard anything about this?

·
Registered
174 Posts
subscribed!

Reactions: B4TD4D
21 - 29 of 29 Posts