Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping the many enthusiasts and knowledgeable people on here can help me with a rear suspension problem.

The rear suspension has a very loud squeak/creak from both sides. The sound is very comparable to a dry bushing creak. It occurs when the rear either "squats" or rebounds from compression. So for example when accelerating from stop and the rear end "squats" the noise occurs and then after the initial loading of the suspension and it rebounds to normal again, the noise occurs. The noise does NOT occur when pushing up and down on the rear end nor does it occur when say going over speed bumps.

To date this is what I have tried:
- replaced the compression links
- replaced the end links
- replaced both tension links
- Have sprayed in a systematic sequence every bushing with silicone lubricant to eliminate (and thus find) a worn bushing, spring dampener, shock mounts, etc
- removed everything from the trunk including the spare tire in case something was causing the noise
- It is not the rear seat squeak that has been identified in other posts

I would rather not take it to the dealership for diagnostic and repair due to the huge expense that can occur. Does anyone have any ideas or perhaps know of any common areas I should check? I tried checking the forums but could not find any other threads with the same issue or if there were, it was something unrelated.

The car itself is a 2009 Dodge Charger Police that has never seen service duty. As such it does have the rear sway bar.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Sounds like rear swaybar bushings. You can disconnect the end links and get your fingers with silicone lube on the bar on both sides and then wiggle the bar pulling and pushing to move it through both ways. It will illimate if not solve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts