Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,736 Posts
Maybe the LEDs not matching the color of the tails is throwing me off but it is an interesting mod. Those exhaust tips tho!! Definitely been on the list for a minute. Every time I see them I ask myself what i'm waiting for lol

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe the LEDs not matching the color of the tails is throwing me off but it is an interesting mod. Those exhaust tips tho!! Definitely been on the list for a minute. Every time I see them I ask myself what i'm waiting for lol
Maybe the new lights being "smoked" and the taillights being stock makes the color different. I'm going to look at them tonight after it gets dark. They do match my smoked side marker lights pretty good. Now I'm thinking maybe my Ram needs some 5" tips!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just went out into the dark garage and checked the new lights. They match the taillights perfectly. I believe the angle that the daylight was hitting the taillights earlier made them appear more orange, but at night they are definitely all red.

·
Premium Member
6,736 Posts
Sweet. Well I stand corrected. Definitely hadn't seen this one yet. I bet it's a beast at night. Nice mod. Can you link up where you found em?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sweet. Well I stand corrected. Definitely hadn't seen this one yet. I bet it's a beast at night. Nice mod. Can you link up where you found em?
[/QUOTEI'm in the middle of up-grading computer right now, links aren't working real good . I'll get a picture tonight and post it. The smoked LED lights are ebay 303109788218. Pack of 5 for $7.29. I extended the wiring and connected to the side markers. Hot wire on my side markers was white wire with red stripe. I thought about mounting them on the back-side of the mesh, but then just mounted them from the outside. I didn't do it, but I believe you can snap the mesh pieces out and mount the lights, then snap the whole assembly back in. Then go into the rear wheel-well just like you would to change the side marker to do the wiring. I connected to the side marker wiring with posi-taps.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Night view! You're right 210B5ScatPack, there IS more orange in the taillight. But I'm happy with the results. In person you don't really notice. Also the reflection makes it look like there are 2 rows of lights, but there is only 1 row. Plus last pic. is with camera flash on.
S6302746.JPG
S6302748.JPG
S6302749.JPG
S6302747.JPG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts