Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there have part numbers or experience of installing an OEM rear view camera in these chargers? The wiring harness is already in the trunk lid. I’d just need to install the camera and flash the PCM. I’m wondering about total price for parts, part numbers, and ease of install.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you search around you'll find a tutorial on here on the install. With the trunk prewired it'll take about 30 minutes to put in. If you get lucky you'll find the camera alone, but most come with the wiring harness, and the flash is up to your dealer to price, unless you want to buy a Tazer or AlfaOBD to do it yourself. Your total price will vary wildly.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I shopped hard, googled my eyes out and found a new one with harness (didn't need it for my 2013 R/T) for $125.00 shipped. That's the old price before they shot up.

I used AlfaOBD to flash it. $50.00 for the apk, $70.00 for the OBDLink MX+ = $245.00. Worth it, yes, I always back in to park and mercy where has it been all my life.

The added value in the AlfaOBD is I moved my DRL's to my turn signals, Enabled fogs on with high beam, enabled Sport mode and performance pages, installed a drivers door auto dimming mirror and flashed it, adjusted my tire size to sync my speedo. Its not married to the car.
The OBDLink MX+ is a good scanner. Alfa OBD is a great trouble shooter too.

If you want to go AlfaODB go to the dodge ram AlfaOBD thread and read the 1st post with care about backing up your BCM config before tweaking.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I did this, you need 3 parts.
68265874AB jumper wire approx $37, 68224447AA bracket approx $5.00, and if you have phantom black then 6MB13LXTAA camera approx $203 (LXT specifies phantom black paint code). Got prices from moparamerica.com.
As for install, remove trunk liner, make template for camera, cut hole carefully (i used a dremel), install camera, attach bracket to the back of camera, connect jumper wire to camera and harness in trunk lid. Took me maybe 1-1/2hr. I had my dealer flash ($60) or you can use a Tazer. The one positive about a dealer flashing is that when they add the sales code XAC it will now permanently show in their system as a dealer installed option, unlike a Tazer activation. I have a Tazer but had the dealer flash anyway.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did this, you need 3 parts.
68265874AB jumper wire approx $37, 68224447AA bracket approx $5.00, and if you have phantom black then 6MB13LXTAA camera approx $203 (LXT specifies phantom black paint code). Got prices from moparamerica.com.
As for install, remove trunk liner, make template for camera, cut hole carefully (i used a dremel), install camera, attach bracket to the back of camera, connect jumper wire to camera and harness in trunk lid. Took me maybe 1-1/2hr. I had my dealer flash ($60) or you can use a Tazer. The one positive about a dealer flashing is that when they add the sales code XAC it will now permanently show in their system as a dealer installed option, unlike a Tazer activation. I have a Tazer but had the dealer flash anyway.

I’m going to order today. I’m not a huge fan of camera in trunk lid like that. I wish it was a bit more discrete. But, for $300 all in is $400 cheaper than going aftermarket “license plate” camera. So the camera part number you gave me is the PX8 paint code bezel? Appreciate all info

·
Registered
189 Posts
Your avatar says Phantom Black so that is the part# i gave you, but if you have PX8 black you would need 6MB13DX8AA (DX8 specifies PX8 black) That one shows as only $165.00. They actually didn't have my color in stock so i had to get another color and just paint it. Good luck....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shit, order phantom one already. Damn it, I guess I’ll have to change the paint color on my avatar. I hope I can catch them tomorrow before they ship out. I provided VIN so they should be accommodating. I would hope. Thanks for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts