Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have an 06 Dodge Charger Daytona RT I'm starting to get a torque converter shudder thinking about replacing the torque converter but I really don't know which one to pick or from which company the cars pretty much stock and I don't really plan on doing anything to it I was just thinking of going a step up from the stock one I heard it's like a 1800 or 2500 stall speed should I get a 3200 stall would it affect the car when driving it's my daily driver but I would like to get a lil better acceleration if I could anyone have any suggestions on what kind and stall speed

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Basically, stall speed is the RPM that the torque converter sends power to the transmission. The torque converter stall speed is roughly equal to the clutch engagement for a manual transmission. 2,500 stall speed doesn’t mean you need to rev the motor to 2,500 rpm for the vehicle to move. What it does mean is that 2,500 rpm is the limit at which the converter will hold back the engine speed if transmission output is prohibited. By disallowing further gain, the increase in engine rpm "stalls". The speed at which stall occurs with a given converter is a function of engine-peak torque.
If you're keeping the engine, rear axle ratio, etc ... stock, you should stay close to the stock specs for a new torque converter (definitely not 3200 stall).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basically, stall speed is the RPM that the torque converter sends power to the transmission. The torque converter stall speed is roughly equal to the clutch engagement for a manual transmission. 2,500 stall speed doesn’t mean you need to rev the motor to 2,500 rpm for the vehicle to move. What it does mean is that 2,500 rpm is the limit at which the converter will hold back the engine speed if transmission output is prohibited. By disallowing further gain, the increase in engine rpm "stalls". The speed at which stall occurs with a given converter is a function of engine-peak torque.
If you're keeping the engine, rear axle ratio, etc ... stock, you should stay close to the stock specs for a new torque converter (definitely not 3200 stall).
Any suggestions on a good make I only heard of pro torq and fti would a 2800 stall be ok

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know where I can order one from really don't want to just get on at AutoZone or the dealership

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
High Horse Performance offers FTI and Pro Torque for the Dodge Charger. You can contact them and they will help you decide which torque converter is best for your application.

http://www.highhorseperformance.com/

Reactions: Jack tay
1 - 5 of 5 Posts