Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to order a Red 2015 AWD SXT and can't make up my mind between TorRed and Redline Red Tri-Coat Pearl? :4-dontknow:

Although it will be a daily driver I'm planning body mods and would like it to stand out in the parking lot without looking pimped out.

I'm a hotrodder and enjoy the deep look you get from pearl paints, but I'm wondering if Redline is not bright enough?

Please share thoughts?
Experiences with one or both of the red colors?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
I'm a hotrodder and enjoy the deep look you get from pearl paints, but I'm wondering if Redline is not bright enough?
Based on your comment I'd recommend the Redline tri-coat.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got friend with a Redline Charger and I love the color, but him and I both discussed how nice and bright TorRed is and wonder if TorRed offers more options for graphics.

I went through this same dilemma on a (Red or Blue) Ram Sport a couple years, went with Deep Water Blue Pearl and like it, but when I see red it always makes me ponder... :)

·
Registered
25,912 Posts
As a owner of both..

2007 TorRed and a 2012 Red Line.. I could not tell you which one I love more lol..

I would say that in the shade I prefer Tor Red because the Red still sticks out (Red line becomes darker)

But in the Sun., RED LINE all the way.. the way the soft flakes bends in with the red in priceless.

Now for Car shows..
I will say Red Line,, although it might look dirt in the shade.
In the sun the red just Pops out and it hides tiny scratches better because people are more focus on the flakes..

FYI I agree that Tor Red will blend in better if you want graphics and looks better with Tinted windows Now also not sure if this is a factor or not.. Red Line is more expensive as well.lol..

Foot note.. I have gotten a few tickets with Tor red,, NONE with red line and Red Line is much faster.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Redline, all the way! My 2012 R/t was redline pearl, soooo many compliments, it is such a nice red, nothing like it out there... The tored is nice, but it seems to have just to much of an orange hue to it...IMO... Good luck with your decision! :TU:

·
Registered
588 Posts
TorRed is my vote for obvious reasons. The color is what starts many conversations and compliments. Ýou also don't see that color very often, which makes it unique.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
TorRed or no Red. I had TorRed on my 07 Charger and it caused whiplash when people walked past or on the road. Because the Plum Crazy Pearl was available when I bought the "14 or else I would have gone TorRed once again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a flame red Ram 1500 and a TorRed Challenger Shaker, TorRed is the way to go. Redline Tri color is nice but if you ever have to do a paint match, it's hard to get correct. If you want really red then TorRed is the way to go. I'm looking at TorRed in a SXT also as I can't find any header orange 2014 left overs.

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
9,242 Posts
I am in the TorRed camp as well. The redline looks great but depending on the lighting it can look odd.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input!
Looks like Redline is the only color available in the AWD. So will live with that and enjoy it.

I'll be doing body mods and painting - I have a friend at a bodyshop who rebuilt a Redline Red Pearl Challenger and he too said the Redline Pearl color is hard to match and to blend.

I love both colors for different reasons. As mentioned in the shade TorRed is king. In the sun I like Redline better as I think the pearl makes it look deep and wet while TorRed in the sun may be too much orange for me (and my wife :)).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts