Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heya all,

So yesterday I changed out my cabin air filter. I hadn't even thought about the silly thing, but at just over 20k miles and about 14 months on her I thought about it.

So reminder, or rather FYI part 1:
These are stupid expensive at the dealer and local auto parts store. I went to O'Reilly's and they quoted me $48 and a week to ship. I got it from Amazon for $6.75 and I have prime so shipping was free and it was here in 2 days!

Reminder part 2:
If you are one of my 2011 or 2012 brothers and sisters nearing or over a year, it is time to change. Or even if you have a first gen LX and just forgot like I did, it might be worth looking into. I didn't take any pictures but what I took out was disgusting. It was filthy and the elements were likely 50 to 60% clogged. I have now doubt it was affecting flow.... It is super cheap (if you buy fromt the right place) super easy, and totally worth your time. It took all of 2 min and anyone can do it.

So, if like me you forgot about this little gem, just do it.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Great reminder. How about the Amazon link? I love my Amazon Prime, you can order a toothbrush and it will be at your door in a day or two.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh buddy, I'd love to give you a link but they are not a vendor. I've broke enough rules this month! if you search it, you'll find it. The cheap one for $6.75 is the same exact thing as what came out of my max. I don't know if those more expensive ones are better, but I never had a complaint with what I had...

Jeff

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
Good reminder man :TU:.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I started to notice my A/C was smelling "stale" so I had mine replaced. I actually got the hepa filter since I have bad allergies.

Now it's fresh and clean.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Great reminder! I should finally do this over 6 years later :shakehead:

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Part number for the 11-12's ?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Nice reminder... it's time for me to do the same. I just Amazon'd it and 1 filter was just over 6 bucks... I bought 2 and will just throw one in the garage cabinet.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On the 2011+ the cabin air filter is under the hood. There is a panel on the passenger side of the wiper cowl just below the passenger wiper. Remove that panel and the filter box is in that void. The top of the filter box is a hinged cover. if you pull from the front of the car toward the back it will open. The filter slides right out and back in very easily. I am not 100% sure if the 1st gen LX are the same or not, but that is where it is at on the second gen.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nice, similar to the 2011+ but not the same. Good find Ron, I'd rep ya but I have to share the love...

Jeff

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
Yea, sorry I couldnt find a vid for the new gens, but since there in the same location, I thought it might help alittle. This will atleast stop the ones who go tearing into the under dash of the passenger side interior, which is were I originally went looking. ;)

nice, similar to the 2011+ but not the same. Good find Ron, I'd rep ya but I have to share the love...

Jeff

1 - 20 of 63 Posts