Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2017 Charger with a factory remote start. So, I have 2 key fobs. One is the primary and the second is a back up. Neither fob works for the remote start, nor do they unlock or lock my car. I noticed this about a month or so ago. I doubt both batteries are bad, but I guess it is possible. But, my question is if neither of the fobs are bad does something need to be reprogrammed in my car? I probably should just go to the dealership but out of sheer laziness at the moment I am here. Thank you!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've got a 2017 Charger with a factory remote start. So, I have 2 key fobs. One is the primary and the second is a back up. Neither fob works for the remote start, nor do they unlock or lock my car. I noticed this about a month or so ago. I doubt both batteries are bad, but I guess it is possible. But, my question is if neither of the fobs are bad does something need to be reprogrammed in my car? I probably should just go to the dealership but out of sheer laziness at the moment I am here. Thank you!
Hi NerdyBirdy,
We sincerely regret to hear of the trouble you are experiencing. However, we are here to make the dealer experience as pain-free as possible! Our team is just a PM away if you are in need of any additional support for that process.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
63 Posts
Was wondering if Rob at DodgeCares might be able to assist on another remote start question. My 2017 Charger Pursuit was drop shipped to an upfitter who activated the factory FOBS with remote start feature. I brought my new 2019 Charger Pursuit to same upfitter last week. They could not get Remote Start to activate using factory FOBS or with an aftermarket system. Do the 2019 models have a module missing that was on earlier models?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Was wondering if Rob at DodgeCares might be able to assist on another remote start question. My 2017 Charger Pursuit was drop shipped to an upfitter who activated the factory FOBS with remote start feature. I brought my new 2019 Charger Pursuit to same upfitter last week. They could not get Remote Start to activate using factory FOBS or with an aftermarket system. Do the 2019 models have a module missing that was on earlier models?
Hi motorhead75, Thank you for reaching out! As our team here is not mechanically trained, we recommend following up with a certified technician at your local dealer. They will be in the best position to advise regarding your remote start. I apologize that our team cannot be of more assistance with this matter.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
battery swap will solve the problem...they are only good for about 2-2.5 years
Indeed it was the batteries, went to the dealership sometime later as I needed a wheel bearing replaced, and they replaced the fob batteries for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts