Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a RS-730 alarm/remote start with the I-datalink module. (the one that does everything). I can't seem to get the remote start working. when I press the remote start button the horn honks, but it doesn't start. Everything else on the alarm works. I've programmed the remote start correctly using the data bus interface mode (4 chirps) and further programmed it using the tach method, but I didn't do "check level" yet.

·
Registered
655 Posts
do the parklight on the car flash when trying to start, the number of flash should indicate the reason why it don't start

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't noticed, but I think they flash once then the doors lock and the horn chirps once. The idatalink module flashes green, so that isn't the problem, I'm going to double check on how many times the parking lights flash. I'm gonna make sure my hoodpin is in a good position also.

·
Registered
655 Posts
for the hoodpin, unplug it to test it, best way to know. i have check the web for manual for rs-730 manual, for diagnostic, it said turn ignition to on and press trunk button. count number of flash. i also saw there is a feature for 1 or 2 time to press start button, have you try to press it twice.

·
Registered
193 Posts
just for giggles and grins can you try( and you probably already did this but lets start with the simple)
You said when you click the the button the horn honks. Have you attempted a double click? similar to the unlock the driver's door and then 2nd click does all doors.
This is how my factory one works. Additionally mine will not accually start the car under certain conditions.
any door remains unlocked = no start
and door open even trunk = no start
having remote started and then remote stopped twice (double clicks for each action) = no start
if I have met any "no start" condition then I have to put the key in the ignition and start normally to reset.

Just my observations from my 08 stock one...maybe some of these things will apply to you since some of the communication and actions are based on the onboard computers interpretation of the signals

hope it works out for you soon these things can drive a person mad.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. I get 3 flashes which indicates "no rpm or low voltage" but when I try to program the check level nothing happens, I don't get any led flashes when I'm in the programming mode for the remote start portion. It couldn't be a blown fuse on one of my wires could it?

·
Registered
655 Posts
i know idatalink but i never worked with them. try to ask RYVAL, he know them. just to be sure, did the remote starter learned the tach signal from the idatalink module.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it learned the signal successfully from what I can tell. Tomorrow I just gotta pull the interior apart so I can check the starter and ignition fuses.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Where did you get the 12+ volt from??? And had it ever worked

·
Registered
655 Posts
i have searched on rs730 system manual and on idatalink website. i found on the starter manual that d2d communication work only on c3 idatalink. don't know if it's all the module or only some module. so my next question is, did you use the rs232 plug or did you use the wired way. might solve the problem to use the wired option.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok I just retraced my steps and checked the fuses for my starter and ignition wires, then I noticed something..... Neither of the red power wires are connected to a 12+ source.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts