Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
A few months ago I purchased a set of 2020 Dynamics Package/ Daytona 392 Wheels. I don't know the proper name for them ( do you, I'd like to know). I call them Spider wheels as they kinda look like a web. They are 20 x 9.5 and satin Black in color. A guy from the other Charger Forum has a 2020 Scat pack and decided that he would rather have the Hellcat Wheels and purchased a set of them. They are in near perfect shape as he did this very early I think they only have a few thousand miles on them.

Anyway I purchased all 4 wheels from him and Planed on using them at the Drag Strip only leaving my stock setup on the car for the street. Well honestly I felt the stock tires ( GoodYear RSA2's ) Where unsafe for this car. You can't put any power down, not for doing pulls , 0-60 etc but for normal driving. Making left hand turns at a light , you could easily break the tires loose when you don't want to. If you try to pass someone under 50 mph, you can break them loose and go sideways . In the rain they where ok at best but was to easy to lose traction. I don't think they are bad tires, I just think they are bad for the Scat Pack.

So after trying to get a set of Drag Radials for the spiders and keep visiting them in my garage , I decided to get new tires and use the Spiders instead of the stock 2020 Scat Pack wheels and use them for the Drag Radials when I can find a set.

We have a Audi S4 which is a totally different kind of car and year ago we swapped out the Michelins for the DWS06's. They are an incredible tire on that car and I felt better then the Michelins for ride and comfort without giving up any traction. If anything I feel they are better in the rain and snow.

So I got a full set of DWS06 Plus in 275/40/ZR20 and man let me tell you, night and day isn't enough to describe how overall these tires are over the stock 245/45/ZR20 that came stock. I question why Dodge would put them on this car. I get it on the GT and the R/T. The R/T i'm sure is maybe a small issue but it has over 100 HP less then the Scat and probably way more manageable for normal driving. The Scat should only come with the 275 size on the narrow body models. The Daytona does and if you get a Dynamics package you get them but not on the standard model.

I only have about 500 miles or so on them now and They have totally changed the way the car drives in all conditions. Normal driving , they give a way safer feeling. Sure if you jump on it you can spin them BUT they hook way earlier and the car goes forward not sit and give off a Smoke Show. It's so wonderful to be able to pull away from a light under some throttle without spinning the hell out of the tires. I hated that I had to be careful everytime I wanted to get the car to move. Now I can put my foot into it more and no spinning at all. What's really nice is when you are doing about 40-45 mph and want to pass someone, guess what?? You can without going into a ditch. You can safely pass someone and give it gas and it sticks.

Now on back roads, this is another level. The way the car handles now is incredible. I know have some idea how the wide body must feel vs driving a standard body. My ability to go into turns and stick to the road is awesome. I can't believe how different it is. It's like I had some cheap retreads on my car and got new proper tires.

I wonder if the wider wheels also added to the experience? I don't know as I swapped both at the same time. The factory wheels are 9 inch and the Spiders are 9.5 so with the same tires that should give more contact surface. Especially on the edges of the tires.

Anyway If any of you have a Scat Pack and hate the factory tires, seriously look at the new DWS06 Plus. .They are crazy how good they are compared. I don't know how they would compare to the Stock Perrelli tires that come with the Dynamics package as the guy I purchased these wheel from kept them and put them on his new wheels, again they only had a few thousand miles on them, basically brand new.

Here are some pics

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,571 Posts
Put those Continentals on the Charger, 255/45/20 only has 8 inch rims. Probably put them on the Challenger when it is due. The Challenger has the F1 Super cars which I believe are somewhat better than the RSAs.

Reactions: dmantis

·
Registered
2017 Scat Pack Charger
144 Posts
Looks good.
We still have the stock Goodyear's on our Scat. - yes, they suck.
Been looking at these tires or the Michelin Pilot Sports.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
RSA=CRAP. RS-A2 better than Pirelli AS. DWS06PLUS, better yet, but noisy. Michelin AS4 really good.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Ok. I should have clarified, DWS06, that I have, are noisy. Sorry for the mis-step.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts