Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have posted here in our vendor section about a handful of new products we're bringing to market including ... rear seat delete, lightweight front bumper support, tubular k-member ... but we're cooking up more for you!!

In the works are the following ... rear bumper support, billet control arms (optimum performance and weight savings), chromoly control arms (lower priced, but still improved over stock in performance and weight).

What are your thoughts on these products, and are there any others you would like to see us tackle?

Your valuable input welcome and wanted!!

Thanks,
Lisa.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I said it on the other thread also....but it works here also. Weight reduction is the best modification you can do for speed.

I have dealt with sport bikes for years and every pound makes a difference if you are trying to get down the track faster.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I said it on the other thread also....but it works here also. Weight reduction is the best modification you can do for speed.

I have dealt with sport bikes for years and every pound makes a difference if you are trying to get down the track faster.
Amen brother, preach it:TU:

Ever notice that your car is faster when you are by yourself? My car felt completely different with 600 extra pounds missing :D I'm not talking about my mother-in-law either

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Amen brother, preach it:TU:

Ever notice that your car is faster when you are by yourself? My car felt completely different with 600 extra pounds missing :D I'm not talking about my mother-in-law either

That...is funny!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Lisa,
If you are going to jump into control arms, I would also jump into spindles. I know it does nothing for speed, but if you can make an extended spindle for a 26" or 28" ya'll would be busy for a long long time. It may not be either of our things, but it would bring in money on a regular basis.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
How about custom embroidered Recaro seats?

I like the comfort of my stockers, but was told by Peter Parker (LX side) they weigh a ton. Also, what about polycarbonate rear and side windows?
Sorry; just thinking out loud...

·
Registered
58 Posts
How about custom embroidered Recaro seats?

I like the comfort of my stockers, but was told by Peter Parker (LX side) they weigh a ton. Also, what about polycarbonate rear and side windows?
Sorry; just thinking out loud...
I'm looking at polycarbonate windows now and made some for the rear windows. They are only 3 lbs lighter a piece than glass and you need formed polycarbonate as sheet polycarbonate won't bend enough in the window channels to look stock. Also you can't tint polycarbonate. You can buy tinted polycarbonate (I did) but it is expensive and hardly tinted at all.

Windshield might be 15 lbs though and worth it in my opinion as it can be mounted like stock. Just can't use wipers on it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sounds like windows will only be for the hard core among us.
I consider myself hardcore and I'm on the fence about them. One lexan window guy told me not to bother as the new glass they use in cars is very thin and lightweight as it is. I still think the windshield might be worth it.

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts!
4,974 Posts
Many lightweight products are now available, and in stock!
LX and LC Rear Seat Delete Kits, Charger and Challenger Lightweight Front Bumper Supports, and LX/LC K Members are all available now at Speedlogix!

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I guess my modding will never end dealing with yall.:D

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
How many pounds are the control arms supposted to chip off?

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts!
4,974 Posts
Latest weight saving product available from Speedlogix is our Transmission Brace.
We have a brand new 6-SPEED transmission cross-member. It is built with 4130 chro-moly tubing, not mild steel which is weaker, less expensive and heavier. By welding the tubes to gusseted angle we were able to greatly increase the strength both vertically and horizontally. By incorporating chro-moly we were able to build a stronger, more rigid part and still be 3lbs lighter than stock.

Built by REM.

To Order: Speedlogix 6-Speed Transmission Cross-Member 09-11 Challenger 6-Speed

We have a brand new Automatic transmission cross-member. It is built with 4130 chro-moly tubing, not mild steel which is weaker, less expensive and heavier. It also uses multiple tubes in a triangulated design making for a much more rigid part. By incorporating chro-moly we were able to build a stronger, more rigid part and still be 3lbs lighter than stock.

Built by REM.

To Order: Speedlogix Automatic Transmission Cross-Member 05-11 Challenger, Charger, 300, Magnum NAG1

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Well, maybe if I knocked of 20lbs off of my @$$ I could get better performance. Too..

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Well, maybe if I knocked of 20lbs off of my @$$ I could get better performance. Too..
every pound counts, bro!! trust me...i'm looking into Weight Watchers, too!

btw...LOVE the Boba Fett avatar!:TU:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts