Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, does anyone else have a wear tear in the lower drivers seat "leather" stuff, left side right along your thigh? 65,000KM on car and about a 4" tear. Any suggestions as to how to stop if from spreading?? Thanks and Cheers

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
I have a tear on my 07 but it is on the left where my leg swings to get out of the car. No idea how to fix or stop. So hopefully someone can chime in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
have no tear yet, but have a seal problem on my windshield. as to stop the tear from spreading, i can't think of anything but to replace the leather.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
:eek:Duck tape:rolleyes:

A shop should be able to replace just the section that is ripped

sorry but I felt like being funny:D

·
Registered
385 Posts
any answer

found this older post, i have a tear now from my seatbelt and it keeps growing

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
:hah:Did you "Rip One" in the seat to get that rip..... LMAO.... Just joking.... I had to get you.....

K, I know that was corny.... So what... Damn this post is old.

·
Registered
385 Posts
:hah:Did you "Rip One" in the seat to get that rip..... LMAO.... Just joking.... I had to get you.....

Damn this post is old.
i dont blow @$$ in my charger..lmao:D..it is old, but i was looking for a quick solution until i can replace my interior..

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
i dont blow @$$ in my charger..lmao:D..it is old, but i was looking for a quick solution until i can replace my interior..
So you hold it??? I dont see myself pulling over just to fart. LMAO.... I wish I could help... I got a very small rip on the side of my seat. Not really noticable unless you look, but I would like to know a quick fix myself. Hopefully someone will chime in.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
3M makes a leather repair kit, it's a thick glue that should permantly stop it from spreading... I have used it in the past, worked well...

·
Registered
177 Posts
On our seats the section below in black is all that is leather, the rest is vinyl. I had my vinyl left thigh support replaced a year ago and it cost me $350. These covers are CRAP! I have another tear on the lower back side vinyl panel now, another $380 to replace. My guy does great work though, you'd never know it was replaced.

5801459297_b5c19395c6.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
I heard that part is not leather but it happens to all R/T due to wear, my seat is also ripped but maybe it's becuase I weight 250

·
Premium Member
7,551 Posts
My wife's Commander had the same rip. It's from twisting on that point getting in and out of the vehicle - usually when it's cold and more brittle. I took it last week to a local shop here in Niagara called Autodream, and they replaced that section of seat with matching leather. You'd never know it wasn't factory! Wasn't too expensive either. Much cheaper than a $300 seat - then get it shipped and installed (especially the power seats).

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I got a rip in the same spot but on the right side of the seat. I got it patched once for free at the dealer. Now I am thinking of replacing it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I heard from a friend that the only part that is leather is the middle area. Also rub your hand on the middle area and the outer area where your rip is located and you will feel the difference.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts