Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm thinking of supercharging my 2106 Charger by the end of the year and I wanted to get some recommendations and maybe some input as well regarding both SC. I do like the fact that the Sprintex SC looks like a OEM part but the downside is that I will need to modify or replace the hood if I go this route. The RIPP SC looks great as well and I've have heard good things about it. Does anyone here in the forum have either SC and how do you like it so far? I also know that Prodigy is coming out with twin turbos for the Challengers & Chargers but it hasn't been released yet. Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
665 Posts
It all depends on what you want to do with your car.

Are you taking it to the track? Or just having fun as a daily driver?

If your a track guy then I would say RIPP because you get better top end.

If not then I would go with Sprintex because you don't have to wait for power...it there...super fun if you just driving around town.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It all depends on what you want to do with your car.

Are you taking it to the track? Or just having fun as a daily driver?

If your a track guy then I would say RIPP because you get better top end.

If not then I would go with Sprintex because you don't have to wait for power...it there...super fun if you just driving around town.

Hope this helps,
Just for fun as a daily! I could always go back to the RT version of the Charger or Challenger but I do like having the low monthly payments, gas and insurance cost for sure. I'm leaning towards the Sprintex due to the OEM look to it and I can get the Stage 2 kit for the price of the stage 1 from a approved vendor of Sprintex here in AZ. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Currently in the same boat. I’m beginning to save up money for one. I’m torn between a sprintex or a ripp. Daily driver. Might start doing more with it after supercharging it. I’m just not sure what would be a better pick.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Currently in the same boat. I’m beginning to save up money for one. I’m torn between a sprintex or a ripp. Daily driver. Might start doing more with it after supercharging it. I’m just not sure what would be a better pick.
I do like how the blower sounds on the RIPP Supercharger when it goes off, and the OEM look on the Sprintex SC is what's leaning me towards that direction. From what I've read so far, they are both great and should be a good choice whichever you choose. There's a few videos on YouTube that you can check out as well...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I do like how the blower sounds on the RIPP Supercharger when it goes off, and the OEM look on the Sprintex SC is what's leaning me towards that direction. From what I've read so far, they are both great and should be a good choice whichever you choose. There's a few videos on YouTube that you can check out as well...
Well another thing that got me more towards ripp is the fact that Sprintex requires an aftermarket hood. Being that it’s only $300 less, thats another $800 for a new hood.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well another thing that got me more towards ripp is the fact that Sprintex requires an aftermarket hood. Being that it’s only $300 less, thats another $800 for a new hood.
You are correct, the hood will either need to be modified or you'll need to purchase a new hood! I was actually going to add a hood scoop if I decide to go with Sprintex. Not 100% on Sprintex yet, so I'll figure that out I guess when that time comes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've been leaning towards the Ripp myself. I like the fact that they have done all of the leg work and seem to have the kinks worked out. I've heard nothing but good about their customer service. The Jeep guys have been bragging about them for a few years now and the install looks pretty straight forward. The only thing stopping me right now is the price. Not that it's over priced, just that I would have to stop buying tools for the shop and stuff for my other projects!

Reactions: Rhenjay

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been leaning towards the Ripp myself. I like the fact that they have done all of the leg work and seem to have the kinks worked out. I've heard nothing but good about their customer service. The Jeep guys have been bragging about them for a few years now and the install looks pretty straight forward. The only thing stopping me right now is the price. Not that it's over priced, just that I would have to stop buying tools for the shop and stuff for my other projects!
Same here, heard nothing but good things about RIPP as well! I believe they do Black Friday also, but don't quote me on that. If they have a good deal this year on Black Friday, I may just pull the trigger then..

·
Registered
128 Posts
As far as I know the sprintex was updated to fit under the hood. Something to look into for those on the fence. I got my sprintex down to 12.50 range at 108 mph before I sold it. Let me say the supercharger was never ending for me, I was always tinkering trying to squeeze more out of the whole car. I bought a 6.4 challenger srt 392 and it has way more power than my little v6 did. My v6 was nailing down 4.0 0-60 mph runs on the street, stab and go, my srt 392 it does 4.3 - 4.4 0-60, I don't have sticky tires yet but gives you an idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts