Road Trippin

Discussion in '2015 Dodge Charger Forum' started by Leo, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Leo

Leo New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger RT
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Billet Metallic
    Scooped up the woman and the dog and did a quick road trip from ATL to Savannah for the weekend. I love the way my 15 RT eats up the road at 26.5mph with cruise set at 79. Even with the occasional kick down to clear traffic and left lane drivers... not the mention the 5 or so mile triple digit sprint with a late model GT. I don't have the Road & Track package so most folks get confused when they see the Dodge Badge in the grill, their eyebrows raise as they see the HEMI badge on the side. Then their face frowns when the last thing they see is the Chrome RT on the rear as I fly by. Truly enjoy driving this car. That's all fam, just wanted to share.

Have fun, be good and be safe!

mofogo likes this.
  2. Stevens12

Stevens12 Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger SRT8
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Color?:
    Billet Metallic
    They are nice on trips. Plenty of room for luggage, people and more. Decent mileage and plenty of power on tap. I drive the shit out of mine...

Leo likes this.
  3. BobCollette

BobCollette Active Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    Rallye
    Color?:
    B5 Blue
    Glad to hear you had a good road trip. I agree with you 100%, these are VERY nice road trip cars. The car is very comfortable, in fact my neighbor who drives a Chevy Equinox drove my car and he said it's the most comfortable car he's driven. I only have the V6, but the performance is still more than adequate. I just came back from driving my Charger at Watkins Glen over the weekend. The car handled very well, more or less keeping up with a bunch of late model Vettes.

Leo and mofogo like this.
  4. elease

elease New Member

Media:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    SE
    Color?:
    Bright White
    I agree with you guys. Charger's are great road cars. I've had mine for 2 years and have 62000 miles on it. For years when ever my wife and I would go on trips we would take her SUV. I live outside of Washington, DC., and have taken the Charger on several trips to Atlantic City, NJ, Wilmington, DE, Philadelphia, PA, Along with several trips to North Carolina, and Radford, VA, and Richmond, VA. The furthest trip was Stanford, CT.

Leo likes this.
  5. Leo

Leo New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger RT
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Billet Metallic
    They are fun to drive. I got my 2015 last October with 8k miles on it. I'm 27500 now. 30mile commute one way doesn't help keep the miles down. I always threaten to drive my Ram to work but thinking about the $60 to fill it quickly changes my mind.

6. jvalich

jvalich New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2017
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    High Octane Red
    Comfortable is right. I do a daily commute of 130 miles and greatly appreciate the comfort and the fun factor. Took ownership 4/27/17 and have already clocked over 9200 miles. I did just purchase the Maxcare unlimited lifetime contract as I have burned up a quarter of the warranty in just over 3 months. First real long trip will be from Central Fl to Atlanta in a month. I'm looking forward to the trip.