Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried going thru the online service manual, but I'm on a mobile which is not very conducive to thoroughly investigating some stuff. I also watched several YouTube videos, which didn't touch on this at all. My question: are 3rd gen Hemis like old Mopar rocker shaft engines in that the rocker shafts have a notch on one end of each shaft to help orienting the shafts to oil the rockers properly? It's been some time(decades, really) since I last assembled a 340/360, but IIRC, from the perspective of a mechanic working on one side of the engine, the notch faces up & left. So for instance on the Lt head the notch on the rocker shaft will face "up", and toward the front of the engine. Similarly, for the Rt head the shaft notch should face up and left, which would be up and rearward on the engine. If this is true for 3rd gen Hemis, is it true(notch up & left) for exhaust rocker shafts, too?
The reason I am concerned about this is "once burned, twice shy". I once took my 340 6bbl into a dealership for warranty work. They did NOT orient the shafts correctly, and it destroyed my engine before I figured it out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but that's not much of an answer. So, what you're saying is, if somebody installed them wrong previously, you're content to repeat the error?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, but that's not much of an answer. So, what you're saying isif somebody installed them wrong previously, you're content to repeat the error?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will someone with real info AND real experience answer my questions with an actual answer, instead of answering like a snarky jackass?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nevermind, I figured it out. The rest of you guys, who don't know the correct way, can continue doing it wrong, or following how the previous assembler did it, right or wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts