Dodge Charger Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I have also been having a rough idle and P0300 code over the last 2 weeks with my 2009 Charger R/T. One of the possible issues listed for a P0300 code is stuck or faulty EGR valve. Does the 2009 have an EGR valve and, if so, where is it located. There isn't one where various people with earlier models of the Charger showed through pictures on this forum (over the alternator). I searched under the hood but was unable to locate it. Has this been replaced by some other type of device that performs the same function. Thanks for anybody who could answer this question.

Also, after checking the PCV valve, all vacuum hoses and spark plug connections/coil packs, I am still just as mystified as to why there are random cylinder misfires. I have used Seafoam in the gas tank, crankcase, and vapour through air intake to eliminate carbon deposits. Also, I have used 3 tanks of gas (from different gas stations) since the issue first surfaced so that rules out bad fuel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
See, you shouldnt have to alter the idle on a car that near new. It's clearly an engineering flaw on Chrysler's part.
I complete agree!! I had the car a week and it was amazing, drove amazing.. then a week hits and my issue started. I am not one to abuse a vehicle.. so I know it a issue not on my part. I am planning on trying a different dealer very soon.. because it is getting worse. I dropped my idle back to factory setting and it is worse at the default idle. Ive done so much research, its frustrating.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello,

I have also been having a rough idle and P0300 code over the last 2 weeks with my 2009 Charger R/T. One of the possible issues listed for a P0300 code is stuck or faulty EGR valve. Does the 2009 have an EGR valve and, if so, where is it located. There isn't one where various people with earlier models of the Charger showed through pictures on this forum (over the alternator). I searched under the hood but was unable to locate it. Has this been replaced by some other type of device that performs the same function. Thanks for anybody who could answer this question.

Also, after checking the PCV valve, all vacuum hoses and spark plug connections/coil packs, I am still just as mystified as to why there are random cylinder misfires. I have used Seafoam in the gas tank, crankcase, and vapour through air intake to eliminate carbon deposits. Also, I have used 3 tanks of gas (from different gas stations) since the issue first surfaced so that rules out bad fuel.
Sorry to hear about your issue...
Take a look at this picture for the EGR valve.. hope this helps ya out!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
EGR Valve 09 Charger

Thanks for the reply ChargerSXT10; very much appreciated. I had seen that picture somewhere else in the forum and where that EGR Valve is shown to be on the front of the cylinder head above the alternator is an empty space in my car. I also do not have the catch can shown in the picture on my engine either. I'm wondering if the EGR valve got a location change to some other obscure part of the engine for 09 or if they somehow eliminated it in favour of some other device. Anybody have information on this?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ok, could be a dumb question but when was the last time you changed the air filter? Another thing I'm wondering (I forget when they start this) is they have been switching over the fuel blend from winter to summer if that may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a K&N air intake and filter which must be cleaned every 50k and I cleaned it 10k ago; as for the change in gas blends, I haven't had this issue in previous years but appreciate the suggestions anyway. I have a feeling it is going to turn out to be something simple that is causing this issue but, of course, just obscure enough to be hard to find lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Im taking mine to a dealer tomorrow.. its gotten worse.. I waited it out thinking it would go away because of carbon build up, bad gas etc.. but no.. its worse. I can still feel it despite I raised my idle up. Ive been dealing with this since March and tired of it.. because the car drove smooth as ever before.. so something obviously isn't right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lots of work was done to solve my issue. Cylinder head, gasket, exhaust manifold, EGR valve, EGR gasket etc... all replaced. Now driving smooth as just before. Normal V6 vibrations. My issue was cylinder misfires..insufficient flow in the EGR valve.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I called Chrysler and they said there are no recalls pending or any known issues with the cylinder heads on the Chargers, and they recommended that I schedule an appointment with my dealership. So now I guess I'm stuck paying a $100 fee for them to tell me "We can't find anything wrong". Anyone else have any better idea of how to get this looked at?
False my friend, there is a recall on the heads with problems..left (pass) side. Dealer replaces and cams etc...Happened to me....devloped "tick"@ 90,000ish 14 sxt 3.6 pentastar

21 - 30 of 30 Posts