1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

I have a 2009 Dodge Charger with a 3.5L

Current Mods are Big Bully Intake and Diablo Tune 91

Weird problem I have, when I leave the car sitting over night and do a cold start in the morning I have a really rough start, hesitant to start and when it does start it will idle rough, rev up and then usually smooth itself out. One morning it did in fact stall on me but when I restarted it was fine.

Anyone had any issues like this? I might remove the 91 tune and go back to stock tune and see if it does the same thing.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
2009 Charger 3.5 rough idle on cold start

I know this is an old post but... I have the same charger as daytime09 with a similar issue. It has about 125K on it and just started to do this recently with the onset of colder weather. I suspect misfiring as that it what it sounds like.. once it warms up it's ok. Any tips? What did this guy do?

Anyway, thanks to anyone out there who might be able to help.

Maybe I should just buy myself that Mopar edition charger! I still love my charger but crave the real thing!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Change Spark plugs that should solve the issue..... for both situations.:TU:

·
Registered
108 Posts
happened to my 3.5.. after hearing a few recommendations from friends started using higher octane gas and fuel injection cleaners every 3000 miles for the next 9000 miles and rough idle and stalling disappeared by the next winter. was like new!

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
I would recommend, doing the TB cleaning, new plugs, stay away from the cheap gas. If you have a garage, also clean it out & put your baby in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts